Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Best motion sensor with longest battey ttime?

jompa68

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, are you looking for outdoor or indoor motion detectors ?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by ekrem

Some motion sensors work with a usb powersupply. Could that be a solution? Else Fibaro sensors are relatively good to save energy. Some of my sensors are two years old with the same battery.

Hi, besides the 4 Fibaro sensors and 1 Aeon 5in1 sensor I have also this Chinese one (

). Honestly, I do have it for 1year and not a single issue with it so far. Battery seems to be still full, no false alarm (2 new Fibaro sensors), no stuck in breached position (2 out of my Fibaro sensors), no battery drains (Aeon). Not mentioning the price, its worth to try.

Hi @Igy ,

Just checked link to that Chinese PIR sensor that you provided and there is note that it is not available any more. Anyway I have mostly Fibaro motion sensors and battery last for more than 1 year even in rooms where is lot of movement. Also have Aeon MS6 powered by USB. Indeed older version 2.8 of Fibaro eye can get stuck even that was in my case very rear while new GEN5 (v3.2) are much better and reliable.

Battery life is depended on many things but mostly how parameters are setup and wakeup interval. I have learned that default settings are not the best.

Yes, I know that settings can have significant impact on battery life. But I don't know why, my Fibaro sensors are behaving strange for past few months. Very often remain breached for significant time (e.g. 7 hours), they are not reporting battery status correctly, and battery last max 3 months. I checked all parameters and setting are quite conservative in terms of wake up times, reporting intervals etc.

BTW - that Chinese sensors should be all the same but different branding. I'm going to test these now: