Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to link multiple heat controllers? [Solved]

Jaersi

Question

Hi,

I am currently installing my heat controllers and have several rooms with multiple heaters.

I am looking for an option to link the heat controllers within one room, so that if I change the target heat on one controller it is send to the other controllers in the room.

I tried to crate an association but it is not stored. 

What would be the proper way to solve this?

Edited by Jaersi

12 answers to this question

you can try the change following pice of code please replace XXXX by your master and slave devices Ids.

Remember to also changing the header and change the XXXX with the master fgt id.

you can adapt it to your need.

Please login or register to see this code.

Hi, If your heat controllers are assigned to same room then when you set a schedule for your room,  all  heats controllers inherit of the schedule and are automatically synchronized.  In other word there is nothing else to do than assigning the group of FGT's to a room and creating a schedule for that room .

That it ! ;)

Edited by Tony270570

• Inquirer
  • Are they also synced if I do manual changes? so if I change the target manual on one heat controller? 

no not automatically, only if you go through the schedule panel. If you change manually the value of one head it will not be automatically reported on the other(s)

Edited by Tony270570

• Inquirer
  • That's what I experienced, but I want them to be in sync. There must be possibility to achieve this it can't be that no one besides me wants to do this right?

You can made scene, you chose one as a master and set up state other to be like master

• Inquirer
  • 31 minutes ago, A.Socha said:

You can made scene, you chose one as a master and set up state other to be like master

Could you please explain this a bit more in detail or tell me where I can find information about this?

• Inquirer
  • Thank you very much, this helped a lot. 

I got it running :D

Please login or register to see this code.

Hello Guys, this is what I need also but with 3 radiators. I think I understand the LUA code except one thing.

What does 51 targetLevel mean in the %% properties section? Does it mean that if the targetLevel changes on ID51 heat controller then the script runs? 

If yes, is my assumption correct that I could make 3 scripts naming always an another heat controller as triggering event, and in such case if I change the temperature setting on any of the 3 valves the other 2 will be synchronized?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:08 PM, s8109csa said:

Hello Guys, this is what I need also but with 3 radiators. I think I understand the LUA code except one thing.

What does 51 targetLevel mean in the %% properties section? Does it mean that if the targetLevel changes on ID51 heat controller then the script runs? 

If yes, is my assumption correct that I could make 3 scripts naming always an another heat controller as triggering event, and in such case if I change the temperature setting on any of the 3 valves the other 2 will be synchronized?

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Exactly.