Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Becoming an ( professional ) Installer

Jibran

Hello,

I just want to know that LUA Programming ( skilled) is necessary to learn to become an installer ? 

Those who live in country where there is no Fibaro dealer or distributor, how one can have the opportunity to learn from them ?

If one wants to start home automation business ( starter ), what are the possibilites?

Thankyou

Jibran

8 minutes ago, Jibran said:

I just want to know that LUA Programming ( skilled) is necessary to learn to become an installer ?

May I suggest something?

Read 100 randomly chosen topics on this forum. This will give you an idea of the sort of questions you will have to answer as a reseller installer.

What skills do you need to make those 100 topic starters happy?

EDIT: spoiler alert!

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by petergebruers

• Topic Author
  • Lua language is important to learn in order to be an installer . There is some ( detail ) information and knowledge about LUA on Fibaro forum . 

If some one learn basic concepts in LUA related to fibaro then what about advanced techniques ? where can one learn advance techniques of LUA for fibaro ?

I have seen many Users here are making there own virtual devices ( advance programming in LUA ) to get more benefits from that system. How can one learn that techniques and knowledge from the internet ? Meant to say , from where one can learn ?

I look at other user's code, especially snippets posted by power users, I look at scripts in the "Downloads" section of the forum (button at the top of your screen).

• Topic Author
  • 4 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I look at other user's code, especially snippets posted by power users, I look at scripts in the "Downloads" section of the forum (button at the top of your screen).

How did you start that program ? how did you make your base in that language specially related to fibaro ?

Hi Jibran,

if you have a project on your own installation, then you look at LUA solutions from others and try to adapt, maybe trial and error to make your project working.

Most of the LUA code is self explaining, you can read it with some experience and modify it. Just exchange the IDs for the beginning.

I assume that will help in the beginning, and at the end there still is Google ;-)

• Topic Author
  • Yes i have the system and start installing the system in my office . I have done bachelors in electrical (computer) engineering.  LUA script language is new to me. So have started to understand the basics first . 

I have read many virtual devices code and scene ( script ) . Most of the code is running over my head.  There is Java, Php etc languages support in lua also. Some users have made many good scenes and virtual devices which i do not understand for now .

But thankyou all of you for your suggestions . More advices and suggestions can be much more appreciated . 

I have this system in my house too and also i have installed the system in my friend's home so there are many solutions i want to do it but i cant because most of the advance functions and scenes in fibaro are done by scripting.

Hi @Jibran ,

As peter already pointed out best learning is from examples. I learned LUA mostly by using other users code and reading this book: 

Please login or register to see this link.