Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Hello from the Netherlands

WBA

Hi, I’m a newby on domotica /Fibaro, but hope to put together a fine working smart home. I use Homey as a controller / gateway, which suits my needs for different systems around the house (zwave, somfy, zigbee, etc.). I use fibaro products for zwave mostly, very reliable in my opinion.

Hope to learn from the community, and help others if possible. Kind regards, Wilco

Hi @WBA welcome on the community.

If you mostly use Fibaro products, why did you bought the Homey?

Doei

• Topic Author
  • Hi @Sjekke,

I had a few systems already (Somfy, KAKU), and wanted to start from there. Initially I tried Domoticz on a Raspberry Pi, but spend most of my time learning domoticz and Raspberry Pi than on making my home smarter. Domoticz seemed a good choice because of the different systems you can combine in one controller. Expanded on domoticz with zwave dimmers, smoke detectors and plugs from Fibaro, but the hassle on domoticz and Raspberry Pi wasn't my thing. I looked at the Home Center, but i preferred the possibility to combine the different systems in one controller, so that was a deal breaker.

Homey does the trick for me at the moment.

Kind regards, Wilco

• Like 1
    7 hours ago, WBA said:

Hi @Sjekke,

I had a few systems already (Somfy, KAKU), and wanted to start from there. Initially I tried Domoticz on a Raspberry Pi, but spend most of my time learning domoticz and Raspberry Pi than on making my home smarter. Domoticz seemed a good choice because of the different systems you can combine in one controller. Expanded on domoticz with zwave dimmers, smoke detectors and plugs from Fibaro, but the hassle on domoticz and Raspberry Pi wasn't my thing. I looked at the Home Center, but i preferred the possibility to combine the different systems in one controller, so that was a deal breaker.

Homey does the trick for me at the moment.

Kind regards, Wilco

Hi @WBA thx for the info.

cheers

@Sjekke