Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

temp sensor calibration issue

jon arne ask
Message added by T.Konopka

I'm new to fibaro. Just baught an fibar HC2.

I have 6 temp sensor that I want to calibrate to same value before installing. Opening the advanced setting for one of the temp sensors in web interface for the HC2 gateway, I got a slidebare and a textbox where it looks like I can type in a value manually to calibrate. Slider step gives me -0,63 / -1,83 / -3,03 and so on. When trying to save the fibaro rounds the value to -1 / -1 / -3. If I want -2,  I'm not able to calibrate with the this value. If I try to write -2 in the textbox, fibaro takes the old value, and decline what I tryed to type in. Please see attached photo (in this case I tried to set -8 as value, but got only -9 or -7 from the slider)

I have tried to use Internet Explorer and Google Chrome web browser. Even slowed down mouse speed to lowest to see if the mouse was too sensitive. No difference. 

What can I do to set desired calibration value for the sensor?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The units are already calibrated and I'm sure Fibaron displays the temperature with high accuracy.
However, if you want to calibrate the temperature, it's best to do that in the Heatit menu. There you can adjust the temperature ± 4 degrees.
However, they will display different temperatures when assembled in different rooms.

• Topic Author
  • I have 6 sensors. Heatit thermostate2, Fibaro Motion sensor, and 4 external NCS 10Kohm sensor connected to Heatit Zwater unit. All of them are now placed in the same room for calibration before installation. The temp difference is from 22-28 degree Celsius. My meaning is that this must be calebrated a bit better. I have a external thermometer to measure the exact room temp. 

The heatit thermostate2 can be calibrated from the unit menu, that's a good point. But heatit zwater is not so advanced as far as I know, so here I will need to use HC2 web interface as far as I know. I have also heard that it's possible to send commands to the Fibaro Motion Sensor to set paramenters. Maybe this is a way to go. But I mean it's strange that the slidebar and textbox in the web interface of the HC2 is not working like it should. Am I doing something wrong maybe?

Jon

Hi Jon,

I think it's right to alter the compensation. The remark of

Please login or register to see this link.

that the Fibaro sensor is acurate is not good advise.

The measured temp can be right, but when you use the temp sensor of a smoke detecture, it will be on the ceiling and you sure want to compensate the measured temperature.

I did try on my HC2 installation, when i use the slider I am able to change the compensation, also the default button will give the desired result (back to 0). However when I put a manual value in the numeric box, then the setting is not changed. I think this is a software bug.

'So try using the slider, and don't forget to save.

Kind regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.

oh yeah, delete browser cache and history en reboot your browser will also help sometimes.

I am using

Google Chrome
    Versie 69.0.3497.100 (Officiële build) (64-bits)

Kind regards

• Topic Author
  • Thank you 

I will try to reset the cash as you mentioned tonight. I have tried to restart before, both HC2 system and my laptop. I think you are right about the textbox must be a software bug. There is a newer version of the HC2 firmware available, but when I tried to upgrade the system 1 month ago when I got it, the whole HC2 crashed, even if it was brand new from the shop. This may have fixed the issues, who knows. 

Regarding the slider, I'm not sure you catched it, but it jumps in big steps when sliding. So I'm not able in any way to sett the correct compensation for the temp sensor. As mentioned:

sliding 1 step: -0,63   next stem:-1,83    next stem:-3,03. This gives -1, -1, -3 when using the save button on the side as you mentioned. 

Thank you so much for replying on me guys:)

I have some programming skills so I could send commands to the unit if possible to do the calibration. 

The problem with calibrate by slider option I have from 4.163 (if i good remember), they never work from 4.170 - I sure.

Because all my sensors has possibility  calibration by modules parameters and I use it I never send request to support or inform FIbaro via forum. Marby @M.Baranowski or  @T.Konopka have any information about this problem for as?

• Topic Author
  •  

13 hours ago, drboss said:

The problem with calibrate by slider option I have from 4.163 (if i good remember), they never work from 4.170 - I sure.

Because all my sensors has possibility  calibration by modules parameters and I use it I never send request to support or inform FIbaro via forum. Marby @M.Baranowski or  @T.Konopka have any information about this problem for as?

Thanks for the info @

. I just sent an email to support, but not sure if they can help. 

Regarding modules parameters, for fibaro motion sensor I believe it is easy to send calibration commands some how. But for heatit thermostate2 and heatit zwater I don't know, and have not found yet. 

Maybe other knows?

@jon arne ask , I reproduced the issue for temperature sensor from Motion Sensor. I couldn't save the value that was typed it. However, when I moved the slider to -9.09 and saved, it was rounded to -9. Does this happen in your system as well?

Please, add the images following the guide from the link at the top of the thread.

• 1 month later...
  • Topic Author
  • On 9/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, T.Konopka said:

@jon arne ask , I reproduced the issue for temperature sensor from Motion Sensor. I couldn't save the value that was typed it. However, when I moved the slider to -9.09 and saved, it was rounded to -9. Does this happen in your system as well?

Please, add the images following the guide from the link at the top of the thread.

Dear @T.Konopka. Yes this is exactly the same issue as on my HC2 web interface on my 3 different computers. 

On 9/24/2018 at 4:08 PM, T.Konopka said:

Dear @T.Konopka. Yes this is exactly the same issue as on my HC2 web interface on my 3 different computers.