Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Center 2 won't start! Bricked?!?

eug2000

Question

Hi all,

Thank-you in advance for help and advice.
My Home Centre 2 has stopped working last night, and I have sooo much z-wave stuff and am dependant on it, I'm desperate to try and get it fixed.
I noticed last night my phone couldn't connect to it, then I couldn't access it via the browser - server not found error.

I then went to look at it, and I think the 4 lights on the right were on. I powered it off and then on, but it wouldn't start up. What happens, is when I unplug it and replug it, it starts the flashing lights sequence from right to left for a few seconds, then it stops (i.e. it doesn't complete the boot up). I then press the power button on the back, and it will go through the boot-up sequence till all 10 lights are lit, but then all the LEDs go off, and nothing happens. It is then unresponsive to trying to power it on again. The LAN cable remains lit (green light only)

I have tried entering recovery mode too, but it goes through the boot sequence with lights flashing from left to right until they are all lit, and then all the LEDs turn off and it is still unresponsive.

I have tried removing the recovery USB and doing it, with the same result. I have removed the LAN cable as well with the same result.

I don't have a VGA cable (but will see if I can pick one up) so can't tell you what the BIOS is doing.

I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions, or is it truly bricked? I haven't done the full reset yet (i.e. holding the recovery button for 10 seconds as I'm trying not to have to do a full reinstall).

Really is a bit of a disaster given all the z-wave stuff I have and are pretty reliant on it. Any advice greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again,

Eugene.

52 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

So You just unplug the CMOS and pluged CMOS ?

With out changing it ?

Yes, i changed  new CMOS Pin, after, the hc2 can't autostart. I Rebooted the HC2 by  power button and HC2 work OK.

Voltage of old cmos pin is 1V, very low

Edited by annhan91

this must be an issue with the beta update. because too many users are having this issue, way to close to each other..  

i would caution opening the box and removing any electronics without talking to tech support first.  you may void any warranty or support from FIBARO

• Inquirer
  • Hi guys,

Just a quick update. I was unable to get my HC2 to reboot. My supplier was generous enough to send me out a new HC2 to try and do a cloud recovery (as I had been using the 4.510 firmware and backing-up to the cloud). Unfortunately, on logging into the new HC2, with my Fibaro ID, there was no way to access the cloud back-ups. Contacted Fibaro support, and they advised that the cloud recovery ability had been removed from 4.510 to a 4.511 BETA, and that I just needed to wait until the beta was available before i could do anything! Well, that was not going to cut it, so I ended-up sending my HC2 back to Poland for recovery (I notice someone has posted using a later BETA firmware - was wondering if you could advise on how to get that - do you have to be invited for beta firmware?? Of note, I was not on a BETA firmware when the HC2 bricked, just the standard 4.510).

A few weeks later, the HC2 has arrived back in the country. Unfortunately, they were unable to recover my latest back-ups (something about it being corrupted!), and the HC2 they shipped back was with the 4.180 firmware and recovery from a back-up in April of this year. It is better than nothing (I have a LOT of switches behind plaster), but still frustrating that I've had to go through the process of redoing a lot of my scenes and adding devices again. On one hand, I think it's fantastic that Fibaro have taken the HC2 back and recovered what they can, but on the other, clearly something is wrong!

At this stage, I'm unwilling to upgrade the firmware back to 4.510 and beyond, as I do not trust their back-ups, and something must be going on to brick so many HC2. If you are on 4.510, then I'd strongly advise that you keep a local copy of your back-ups as well (unfortunately I had not, as I relied on the USB and the cloud), but I'm unsure if it would make any difference. My supplier has also noted that this problem has affected a few other customers, so surely something must be up.

It would be nice to get a reply from someone from Fibaro (after all, what are these forums for???) to let us know what the issue is and when it will be fixed. Until then, I'm sticking to 4.180. Good luck guys!

EDIT: Just noticed that Fibaro have said they have fixed in 4.511 BETA the cloud back-up ability to transfer to another device, and also the freezing of the HC2 on the starting of services. Personally, I'll wait until they release a stable firmware and there are no further reports of the HC2 becoming bricked, and hope that my 4.180 firmware remains stable till then (of note, Fibaro must have had my HC2 in Poland when they had released 4.511 BETA and were still unable to use my cloud back-up to restore my previous 4.510 back-ups).

Edited by eug2000
    Additional information

clearly this is an update issue that is affecting numerous users - why won't Fibaro just admit to there being a problem and agree to help out... this is crazy

58 minutes ago, Snowman28 said:

clearly this is an update issue that is affecting numerous users - why won't Fibaro just admit to there being a problem and agree to help out... this is crazy

@FIBARO has become quite synonymous with not helping out with some issues. Instead, they let the forum user just vent, get mad and then hope it just blows over... exactly like the Google assistant issue that plagued them for for over year without any response @FIBARO

Yes i have noticed this a few times, that Fibaro tech support think that the best option is to bury their heads in the sand and not comment.

Hi guys

I found sth. in this case of problems, fibaro released 4.520 Firmware with solved issue of ( - System hangs on starting services. ) . Did any one try that ?

Also another problem that I found , the hanging on start up maybe because of power supply fails. please change it to new one and give me your results. Both of them are your answers.

What is the CMOS PIN? Where can I find it? Can see to PINs, which one do you mean?
    Tnanks

+1 for me... HC2 not starting any more with the same behaviour like yours. Updated to 4.530 last night. Worked fine till this morning. Then I reebooted the HC2. After this it behave strange. Webserver was reachable, but it seemed that no data came from the HC2 so the "waiting circle" stayed on screen.

I restarted again and now it is bricked...

Any ideas in the meantime?

And I am also interested in 

What is the CMOS PIN? Where can I find it? Can see to PINs, which one do you mean?

Mine get stuck on update...   only saw backup loading bar on website.

Then did reboot no luck, shut down start up no luck.

After 90 min of trying finally get into recovery modes.

I keep power cable of for 30 min. because I needed to pick up my child.. 

then booted up, no luck. power on again then did power off with the button on back. power cable disconnect. push and hold [ + ] button and connect power connector. wait 10 seconds ( i did release on 3th led or so faster did not work) and finally get into recovery modes. 

See update forum section I posted also my problems...

hope you can recover also...

good luck...  and keep on trying ...  

Got it back working. Restarted it mulitple times. In Recovery mode and normal. Each time waiting for different time spans (2-30 Minutes) with no effect. Then I had luck with booting again in recovery mode and waiting for about 10 minutes. After that, I was also able to start in normal mode successfully. It currently works as usual. But I am afraid to do a restart because I am not sure whether it will restart again...

Hi all, 

with growing interest (and growing desire to fix this issue) I've been reading these posts. As per last week I started getting in trouble with my HC2 as well. The first time HC2 recovered itself through an automatic restart (* on going to bed it had stopped working and seemed bricked. On waking up all worked fine). A few days later HC2 is bricked for good. I can't see anymore which version I'm running but I believe it's at least 4.520. Nothing of the suggestions so far seems to help... Is my only option really to send it back? Please help.  

Thanks...

Hi there,

Since yesterday I experience the same issue. Lights go on as normal but after booting it seems to reboot.

After connecting a monitor I see the system is restarting over and over again. I can’t reach the BIOS and I can’t start a recovery.

Very annoying.

2 hours ago, Giantgw said:

Hi there,

Since yesterday I experience the same issue. Lights go on as normal but after booting it seems to reboot.

After connecting a monitor I see the system is restarting over and over again. I can’t reach the BIOS and I can’t start a recovery.

Very annoying.

Hi.

You should check the below:
    1-may your power supply or adaptor is weak and you should check with new one.

2-you should try to turn on with out BACK UP USB.

3-you should try to go to recovery mode.

4-try with fibaro finder to see if you can find ip during this process ?

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but no luck here.....

I have tried a second power supply, but keeps on rebooting also without the recovery usb. 

The same when I boot up in recovery mode

It keeps on displaying the boot screen and I cannot enter the BIOS with the F2 button

And no connection to the router, doesn't get an IP address, the fibaro finder does not find the HC2

So we say in the Netherlands.... 

Ik zit met de handen in het haar....

If you have any other suggestions your very welcome

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Giantgw

Just now, Giantgw said:

Hi,

I have tried a second power supply, but keeps on rebooting also without the recovery usb. 

It keeps on displaying the boot screen and I cannot enter the BIOS with the F2 button

And no connection to the router, doesn't get an IP address, the fibaro finder does not find the HC2

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Giantgw said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

did you go to recovery mode ?

4 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

did you go to recovery mode ?

Yes, i did try that. 

Recovery mode as follow

No power, push the + button and hold, turn on the power when the first led is on, release the + button.

But also no result, keeps rebooting....