Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Intercom and 3CX

yuzo

Question

Hello, how can we integrate the fibaro intercom to our 3cx pbx so if someone presses the button on the intercom an extension is ringing on 3cx pbx? We need this because fibaro intercom apps are terrible. The apps are so slow, that we can't even see the person, sometimes there is vide sometimes not but the more terrible is that the sound is not working good and is cut off each second.

Is there any api for intercom available where we can see what's possible so i.e. we can create our own mobile app for this?

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • @FIBARO how can we get access to the intercom API? We have payed a lot of money and intercom ios and android app is so slow that we need another solution ... I.e. connect to PBX or write a own app ...

• Like 1

yes, there is Intercom API available, and one can connect Intercom to sip server, or sip phone like grand stream to intercom to get it ringing if intercom rings (as slave, where Intercom is still using fibaro sip cloud server). I do have this API, but i can't share it (as we got only ok to share it with certified installers). I haven't managed (yet) to get it working with 3CX or Auerswald, but not giving up. I will share soon all the information on our company website.  

Edited by tinman
    • Thanks 1

@FIBARO Are there any plans to release the API documentation shortly? I purchased the intercom because HTTP & WebSocket API was listed as a feature, however have been unable to use it so far without documentation.

• Inquirer
  • No news in one year. Bravo Fibaro. There is still no documentation to use SIP with intercom!

@yuzo @MasterB @carlitto I have discovered this documentation for the intercom API recently 

Please login or register to see this link.

I have yet to get it to work, it seems the websocket connection requires a certificate (perhaps the root CA installed with the iOS app?). I will keep on trying to get this to work and let you know if I have any success.

• Thanks 1

@pwalton321 it looks like they are using a self signed certificate for the local network. I'm able to get an access token, open the gate, get proximity sensor’s state and so on. 

Now let's see what magics can be done with the api, time and coffee.

Cheers

Hi,

@pwalton321 I started with this Chrome Extension 

Please login or register to see this link.

for testing. 

Get access token:

connect too: wss://<Your internal IP>:8081/wsock

{"method": "com.fibaro.intercom.account.login", "params": { "user": "<Your lokal Intercom Account>", "pass": "<YOUR PASSWORD>"}, "id": "1" }

Open Gate:

connect too: wss://<Your internal IP>:8081/wsock

The method used to open the gate  {"method": "com.fibaro.intercom.relay.open", "params": {"token": "<YOURTOKEN>","relay": 0},"id": "1"}

Now I switched to Webstorm to start building a lightweight PWA to control the intercom. Let's see whats possible :ninja:

Hope that helps

• Inquirer
  • Has anyone connected the Intercom to a Voip Phone so the phone rings when someone pushes the button?

• Inquirer
  • So we have a very expensive intercom, it works sometimes, sometimes wo don't see the ringing person, sometimes we don't even hear them and now after more than 1 Year we don't have a answer from Fibaro regarding Intercom connection to SIP phone.

This is a must because the fibaro app is not working good / stable on android. At the moment we are using the intercom only as a webcam (!) very expensive web-cam and no support from fibaro. What a mess!

I'd go for a DoorBird Intercom Look it up they are quite expensive but AFAIK they will release a cheaper version soon and i must admit it looks sleek. I am really disappointed about the Fibaro intercom i am now using it as a paperweight