Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RGBW included in sprinkler panel

D2ELEC

HI,

Is it a possibility that RGBW relays will be included into the sprinkler panel ? as here in Australia with our dry climate irrigation is a big part of integration with smart homes :) 

Also a calendar month option and longer running times than 15 minutes would also benefit. 

Edited by D2ELEC

Hi @D2ELEC,

No, it is not possible, since RGBW behaves as Dimmer. I would go with Z-Water (

Please login or register to see this link.

since it has 10 relays and i do not think that sprinkler needs more than 5A.

Regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • Thanks @jakub.jezek

unfortunately i require a relay controlled by 12v DC only hence why I'm using the rgbw from Fibaro :) I do understand what you mean with the dimming capabilities and why it can't be used in the panel.

i guess I'm just hoping @FIBARO might have a solution in the near future !

@D2ELEC, you can add 12V for Input into channels. 100-250V is only power for module not for Outputs. What you connect to relay in Z-Water, then when it switch, you will receive it in output. Yes, it has limit for DC (30V DC max.), so 12V is perfectly in limitation.

If you need something, that is even powered by 12V, i have some experience with Z-DIN616 by Heatit (

Please login or register to see this link.

. It has 6 Outs and it have (atleast EU version) 16A relays, so it handles everything. BTW relays are NO.

Also, i do think, that in Fibaro, they will tell you to use Smart implants, to get 12V DC switching capabilities.

Regards,

Jakub

• Topic Author
  • @jakub.jezek I am definitely restricted to a 12v DC power supply.  Do you know if the Z-DIN616 is available in Australia ? Have you ever controlled one with the HC2 ?

thanks,

D2ELEC

33 minutes ago, D2ELEC said:

Do you know if the Z-DIN616 is available in Australia ?

I do not know. Try to contact Thermofloor

34 minutes ago, D2ELEC said:

Have you ever controlled one with the HC2 ?

Yes. Even with HCL. Just after inclusion i suggest to let it "settle in". 10 - 20 minutes should be enough.

• Topic Author
  • Ok so I have used a single switch relay installed in the property and grouped it with the RGBW which now acts as a dummy relay and allows me to see it in the sprinkler panel :)

Sorted !

Would still like to see a monthly timing schedule in the sprinkler panel @FIBARO