Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Temperature control with wall plug and temperature sensor

Mellquist

Question

Dear Forum-gurus, 

I´ll try to explain this as briefly as possible. It might not even be such a big problem, but i just can´t seem to find a solution by myself. 

Heres the explanation of what I want to do: 

At our cabin/vacation home, we would like to be able to control the temperature with two different modes; Home and Away. 

The salesman who put us up to the idea of Fibaro, suggested the Wall Plug as a unit to control the on/off power of the Heating Panels in the different rooms and use the Temperature Sensor built in to the Smoke Sensor to trigger different scenes depending on the temperature. 

Now;

I am able to tell the Wall Plugs to activate and turn on the heating panel if the temperature of a room gets below say 20°C and turn off again if the temperature reaches say 23°C - by using scenes. 

What i don´t seem to be able to is to make a "MASTER" scene to activate all the different scenes within the cabin. This means that per wall plug and temperature sensor, i need two different scenes for the low and high temperature - as well as two different set of scenes depending on which mode i need to activate (I.e: Home or Away). This means that i´m left with quite a lot of scenes to trigger on or off.

I guess my question is if theres any possibility of making a "MASTER" scene that triggers a defined number of scenes to turn on or off - and that way make both a Home and an Away mode?

I´ve tried looking into the "Heating Panel", but it doesn´t seem like it´s compatible with the Wall Plugs. 

The system i use is the FHC Lite.

Please let me know if theres any relevant info i´ve left. Kind of hard to put this into words. 

Edited by Mellquist

7 answers to this question

You have to link the room info with the heating. I use  this on an HC2 and it really works. My oven is connected to an Wall switch.

• Inquirer
  • 4 hours ago, pjvik said:

You have to link the room info with the heating. I use  this on an HC2 and it really works. My oven is connected to an Wall switch.

Hi! Thanks for your reply! 

Where do you link the room info? And what do you link it to? 

On the Panels page you fine the Linked devices. There you link you sensor to your switch, it also use the temperatures set in the heating page.

• Inquirer
  • 26 minutes ago, pjvik said:

On the Panels page you fine the Linked devices. There you link you sensor to your switch, it also use the temperatures set in the heating page.

Ah, found it! 

Thanks a lot :)

I'm trying the same, but the heatit power regulator does not show up in the device linking.
    i really would be happy with a scene that would trigger on/off based on temperature >22, turn off, <20 turn on, as a rolling/looping scene.
    I have tried smart scene, not working, propper block scene, not working, for me, HCL

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Hello,  I am using wireless temperature sensor 

Please login or register to see this link.

which can be easily compatible with the relay boards and can work as per your requirements, I am using this sensor in my car garage with some internet friendly solution provided in company 

Please login or register to see this link.

,  you can also  check out their various solution which might help you to know about how to use it before buying and can also call them to know about query.

Hope this might help you out. 

Hi can you advise what can be reason of error:

[ERROR] [QUICKAPP435]: QuickApp crashed[19.01.2024] [16:20:01] [ERROR] [QUICKAPP435]: main.lua:8: Wrong parameter type, string required. Provided param 'table: 0xaaab0388bbc0' is type of table

I am trying to write quick app which will compare temperatures of two sensors, and if a difference between them more than 5 degree - will activate pump.

-- Declarations (replace with actual device IDs)
    local SENSOR_ID_1 = 430 -- Replace with the ID of the first temperature sensor
    local SENSOR_ID_2 = 431 -- Replace with the ID of the second temperature sensor
    local PUMP_ID = 427 -- Replace with the ID of the pump device

-- Quick App main loop
    while true do
        fibaro:debug("Checking temperatures...")

-- Get temperatures from sensors
        local temperature1 = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(SENSOR_ID_1, "value"))
        local temperature2 = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(SENSOR_ID_2, "value"))

-- Check if temperatures are valid
        if temperature1 == nil or temperature2 == nil then
            fibaro:debug("Invalid temperature values")
        else
            -- Check if the temperature of the second sensor is 5 degrees below the first
            local temperatureDifferenceThreshold = 5

if temperature2 < (temperature1 - temperatureDifferenceThreshold) then
                -- Activate the pump (replace with your pump activation code)
                fibaro:call(PUMP_ID, "pressButton""turnOn")  -- Adjust the method according to your pump's capabilities
                fibaro:debug("Pump activated")
            else
                -- Deactivate the pump (replace with your pump deactivation code)
                fibaro:call(PUMP_ID, "pressButton""turnOff")  -- Adjust the method according to your pump's capabilities
                fibaro:debug("Pump turned off")
            end
        end

fibaro:sleep(60 * 1000-- Sleep for 60 seconds before checking temperatures again
    end