Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can anyone share experience from using MCO Home MH9 sensor?

fibarouser

Question

Hi Everyone,

I would appreciate any opinions on using the MCO Home MH9 sensor, particularly around reliability, accuracy and integration with Home Center 2.

I am considering purchasing the MH9-CO2-WD device to control opening and closing of a traditional home window (via one or two Qubino 24V Flush Shutter DC devices hooked up to D+H VCD 203 actuator coupled with D+H FRA 11-BSY+ window lock). The main focus is to secure natural ventilation of a small sleeping room in order to keep an acceptable CO2 range. Temperature reading will also be much of use including preventing ventilation below a certain minimum temperature. Less so humidity and the VOC level. I require the ability to set two CO2 thresholds, e.g. 1600 PPM to open the window and then e.g. 800 PPM to close it. It sounds like MH9 would fully do what I intend given its full integration with Fibaro. I just want to ask around for user opinions as the device is pricy.

An alternative I already invested in (but could use elsewhere) is a SENVA CHTWL-A CO2 sensor that seems very reliable. The SENVA sensor however, would not be a fully integrated application as I would need to hook it up via its contractfree output to a Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor. SENVA does support two thresholds.

Many thanks!

1 answer to this question