Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Details about the z-wave.

Hello all,

I'm new to  z-wave protocol, I want to build one application based on that using ZM5202 module.

It would be great if anyone can guide me to fulfill my requirements listed below.

Please login or register to see this code.

For this implementation i followed this tutorial but not getting proper result, i have bought full licence but still getting memory exceed error while generating the code.

Looking forward to get help from anyone.

Thank you!

There are a few Z-Wave device developers on this forum, but not many. This forum might be more appropriate:

Please login or register to see this link.

But here is a long shot... Be aware of that Z-Wave SDK 6.81.00+ requires Keil PK51 v9.54A. Are you using this EXACT version of the compiler? Not newer... Not older...

• Topic Author
  • Hello @petergebruers Thanks for your instant reply, 

But here is a long shot... Be aware of that Z-Wave SDK 6.81.00+ requires Keil PK51 v9.54A. Are you using this EXACT version of the compilerNot newer... Not older...

I'm using SDK 6.81.01 with PK51 v9.54A which is full licenced version, here i've attached snapshots of cmd.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

9 hours ago, huzaifa limbada said:

I'm using SDK 6.81.01 with PK51 v9.54A which is full licenced version, here i've attached snapshots of cmd.

you are using eval version, with 2k code restriction, that's why you getting memory exceed error

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_10/image.png.1986a76b392dfae0fb01e64842921d42.png" alt="image.png.1986a76b392dfae0fb01e64842921d42.png" />

• Topic Author
  • Thanks for your reply 

Yesterday i'm generated the code as per guidance, but now actual things comes into the picture:P which i unable to understand, like from where to start and how to do as per my requirement .

Thank  you!

I think that guide by @tinman is all there is on this forum... As I said, there are a few Z-Wave developers on this forum, but I'm not sure they will read your topic here because, well, we have never discussed Z-Wave development before are after that post on this Fibaro forum...

I am 100 % hobbyist and end-user and I certainly cannot help you with solving your "requirements"... Even though I have modified the code (firmware) of one of my devices!

But that does not mean that I am clueless.. :)

1) I followed the guide and was able to compile the demo projects. So either something has changed in the meantime, or you might have missed a vital step.

Check in Keil, menu File, License Management. Should look similar to this (click on spoiler):

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

2) I would not write my own gateway/controller software. Just use 

or any controller software based on this, running on a Pi. You can use a dongle with "controller firmware", you do not have to write your own. That is the whole idea behind Z-Wave. Without a node running such firmware, you won't be able to "include" your client device... Alternatively, there is also Z/IP but I have never used it and AFAIK it uses a special dongle. Or actually, you need a dongle with special firmware and that firmware is not available separately. 

3) Future Silabs 700(A?) Z-Wave chip will be ARM based and will no longer use this Keil 8-bit compiler. What they will use instead is not known to me...

That is about how far my expertise goes.

I am out.

Good luck!

• Thanks 1