Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to link Heat controller with window sensor

PeCe

Question

Hi,

I have a problem when linking my heat controller to window sensor. What I want to achieve is that despite of schedules, when the window in the room gets opened, the heat controller should close the valve. When the window is open again, it should return to the normal operating mode.

Both the heater and window sensor are linked to the same room. Both up to date regarding software version.

I can see a read only parameter 'Opened window detected' but it never gets set.

Can you help me and point me out what has to be set to make it work like 'smart home' should?

Regards

PeCe

5 answers to this question

I am testing from time to time if this read-only parameter changes its value, and it is not.

Can anyone explain how fast and normal parameter responsible for opening window works?

Thanks.

Lukasz

On 10/20/2018 at 11:59 AM, iLutan said:

I am testing from time to time if this read-only parameter changes its value, and it is not.

Can anyone explain how fast and normal parameter responsible for opening window works?

Thanks.

Lukasz

I fear the only possible answer to your question is: 'It doesn't work". Even with the latest firmware 4.4 very few people succeeded in making the heat controllers actually do what they were meant to do: regulate the temperature in a room and keeping it on or around the setpoint. Some people say, with some reason, that the controllers should be taken out of the stores until they at least do something right.

I see they control the temperature but not in a simple manner. Their algorithm is much more complex than we suspect, including many influences which makes it impossible to understand what it is going on. Based on Heat Control complexity some people think that it does not work, I believe that Fibaro soon explains in more details how HC works and launch ver.4.5.

18 hours ago, iLutan said:

I see they control the temperature but not in a simple manner. Their algorithm is much more complex than we suspect, including many influences which makes it impossible to understand what it is going on. Based on Heat Control complexity some people think that it does not work, I believe that Fibaro soon explains in more details how HC works and launch ver.4.5.

Ok, but my problem is that NOTHING is going on: with a temperature set at 21 ° I need to switch on MANUALLY the valve when the room is at 16 ° C and , again MANUALLY,  switch off the valve after waiting and waiting and waiting till the valve and the connected sensor (and my independent room thermometer) show "28° C" and still NOTHING happens.

I don't need a valve that washes the dishes, cleans the windows and takes my dog for a walk. If it JUST would do what I bought it for: keeping the temperture more or less around a certain setpoint, that's all I need. No complex algorythms needed.

If ever you can get yours to work and you need some more I have six of them in a drawer here, they are for sale.

In the meantime i'm absolutely 100 % happy with the Honeywell Evohomesystem I bought to replace the Fibaro-valves.  And with Remko Boer's VD and scene I can integrate that completely in my HC2 also. So, no Fibaro-valves needed anymore.

Sorry if I sound a bit frustrated but Fibaro probably means well and does it's utmost best to be the 'Apple' of domotics. Only...most things Apple sells work perfectly right out of the box.

On 10/22/2018 at 3:00 PM, wienog said:

in a drawer here, they are for sale.

What is the price?