Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom app buttons won't press iPhone X

northyorks

Question

On iPhone X I have tested 2 devices and when on a call it is really difficult to press the circle buttons for the relays, mute etc. Many presses are not recognised and this must be a software glitch???

See Video for preview of how button presses are not recognised (repeatedly)

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Like 1

18 answers to this question

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same. On iPhoneX, when on call, MUTE and END CALL buttons are not clickable at all. I need to shut down the app to end the call.

Also it looks like the app is consuming lots of memory just to show the feed. iPhone becomes irresponsive. Moreover, relay buttons change size and become unusable. 

I am on iOS 12.2. 

How come such an expensive device does not have a decent app on ios or android. Any update coming soon?

Would also love to have: 

- iPhone native phone ringer

- Homekit support

- Multiple apartments in a building sharing the same gate

- Faster app !

• Inquirer
  • 3 hours ago, carlitto said:

Hi, 

I am experiencing the same. On iPhoneX, when on call, MUTE and END CALL buttons are not clickable at all. I need to shut down the app to end the call.

Also it looks like the app is consuming lots of memory just to show the feed. iPhone becomes irresponsive. Moreover, relay buttons change size and become unusable. 

I am on iOS 12.2. 

How come such an expensive device does not have a decent app on ios or android. Any update coming soon?

Would also love to have: 

- iPhone native phone ringer

- Homekit support

- Multiple apartments in a building sharing the same gate

- Faster app !

Yes the buttons lack any responsiveness!!! If you keep pressing eventually will press but this is totally unacceptable and issue raised some time ago!!!! Fibaro!!!!

Hi!

I've read through the forums and this company is horrible at customer service and feedback. The weird thing is that theyr home automation devices like dimmers and such work very nicely. But the rest is just horrible.

I have just installed the Intercom. Tried wifi and eth. IoS 12.2. on iphone X... the buttons doesnt work and I get 2FPS video feed.

I hate the intercom already and I hate fibaro. It costs EUR1300 and is a complete piece of crap. I'll try to return it. But the electric-job and the hole in my house is not refundable.

If anyone have a suggestion for a better product, please let me know.

Take a Doorbird - 100x better - I have also made the mistake with the Fibaro, was also sent in, no improvement in the part - just bad.

22 hours ago, Macschimmi said:

Take a Doorbird - 100x better - I have also made the mistake with the Fibaro, was also sent in, no improvement in the part - just bad.

Thanks man. I see its manufactured in Germany which is comforting. If sopmething is wrong with german products, it's usually by design and you have to fight stubborness instead of incompetency.

Is it working for real? Like no hassles?

With the Fibaro I had only trouble - from no connection no matter whether LAN or WLAN to jerky pictures and an operation on the iPhone which can be described as hardly usable.
    At the moment, I'm still struggling with the reversal, even though I bought it online and never installed it in the wall - twice the Fibaro was already in repair.

Is it possible for anyone of you to upload a video showing the glitch/bug?

The video added by @northyorks does not work, unfortunately. I can hear only sound, but there is no image.

Funny, I can see the video wonderful.

It shows exactly the mistake that you can press the keys, the function, hang up or open the door and nothing happens

• Inquirer
  • @T.Konopka Im a bit surprised the issue is not acknowledged already...

October 17th 2018 I send support email ref 147083

on the Intercom app when on a call its really hard to press the circle buttons for relays and mute toggle. On iPhone X I have tested two devices and button presses often fail and I think its a software bug. I have attached a video of the issue for you to see… You have to keep pressing the button until it registers and clicks...

Support Replied:

Piotr WardęckiOct 19, 2018 11:49AM

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have share the film with our Intercom Developers.

We will prepare an appropriate fix to the issue.

I apologize for the inconvenience

And then on Jan 9th 2019 I create further support ticket 157205

The buttons in the intercom app ( latest release version) are still non responsive... trying to press unlock gate or to hang up takes multiple presses..

It’s as if the buttons once in a call become desensitised...

Support replied:

Piotr WardęckiJan 15, 2019 12:10PM

Hello,

I am very sorry to say the problem has not yet been resolved.

Please stay patient as I will monitor the problem asking to fix it as soon as possible.

I apologize for the inconvenience

I therefore can't understand why nobody at Fibaro has acknowledged the issue as your support staff said the issue would be reported to your Intercom developers last year.

Edited by northyorks

@northyorks , thanks for that.

I forwarded it to the Support Team.

As I reported the issue to the QA team I will follow it and inform you about any fixes, workarounds, etc.

On 5/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, Macschimmi said:

Funny, I can see the video wonderful.

I get a blank image and sound only.

I received a new video and attached it already to the report ;)