Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Is it possible to link a RGBW device to a temp sensor in the Heating panel?

Chimysu

Question

Good morning,

I have a heating floor system at home and I have installed sensors of temperature in every room. I regulate the opening and closing of the heating circuits with electrovalves that are controlled with a RGBW Fibaro device: each of the four channels opens one of these electric valves that open the heating circuit.

In the advanced configuration settings, I have categorized the "controlled device" for this RGBW device as "other device".

When trying to link the room temperature sensor with this RGBW device that controls 4 heating circuits, I can´t do it because the do not appear as available on the dropdown menu of the "controlled switch" field, because I am using a RGBW device instead of a relay...  Is there a way to solve this issue so I can make the RGBW lines available as switches to be linked to the temerature sensors.

Thanks.
Jaime.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

what is the purpose of the linkage?

you might also make a scene, which is triggered according to a certain temp, depending of the purpose of the RGBW device

• Inquirer
  • I want it to act as a thermostat. I can control four circuits with just one RGBW device (and four temerature sensors)

Edited by Chimysu

Hi @Chimysu,

It is not possible to use RGBW in Linked device, since it behaves as Dimmer and not a switch.

Regards,

Jakub

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your response Jakub. I know what you mention, but I was not sure if there is a configuration parameter where I can make it work as an on/off device, instead of a dimmer. Do you have any idea/suggestion?

Thanks and regards,

Jaime.

@Chimysu, you would need a scene or VD, that will substitude Linked device. I'm codding in my free time my own VD as virtual thermostat, but now i strugle with FIBARO Rest API now.

Also, to remove Dimming capabilities, set ramp level parameter to max, or oyu could destroy controlled device.