Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Led turn off after booting

peranet

Question

I have recently upgrade, and after reboot HC2 stopped working.

I tried to boot, and this is what happends:

1- Leds start blinking normaly

2- Loading procces si normal with eds status changing

3 after all leds stop blinking they all fade off

- HC2 is off

I tried too  the same proccess for starting recovery mode, but the problem is the same. Ths video shows it:

Thx!!!

Wait for 10 minutes. If your HC2 not wake up you connect monitor for HDMI of HC2 socket and see whats going up.

• Inquirer
  • first of all I want to thank you the info but I have waited 10 minutes and nothing happends.

I tried to boot with HDMI monitor conected, but I can´t see anything in the monitor. I tried to conect with VGA cable and I have not seen anything either.

power down the  HC II.  connect the vga monitor.  power up the HC II

The first thing you should see is a intel bios screen. 

if the boot stops there remove the external  usb (if it is still there). Also resetting  the  bios to its default settings could help.

For me, there was a similar problem and I helped replace the bio-sa battery.

Edited by wiesiekr

• Inquirer
  • 38 minutes ago, wiesiekr said:

For me, there was a similar problem and I helped replace the bio-sa battery.

How can I do this? Is there any guide for this?

thanks

1 hour ago, fkruis said:

power down the  HC II.  connect the vga monitor.  power up the HC II

The first thing you should see is a intel bios screen. 

if the boot stops there remove the external  usb (if it is still there). Also resetting  the  bios to its default settings could help.

Nothing on the screen. How can i reset bios?

thanks

Could you power off the HC II  and then remove power supply connector. leave it so for a few minutes,

put it back and power on the HC II. if still no image

you could  try another power supply or try to a monitor on the  hmdi / dvi connector.

normally you can reset the bios  from the bios screen.  for replacing the internal battery  you will need to disassemble the  HC II.

see 

I had this at the weekend. Our 'Node 0' is our cupboard in the hallway and we redecorated it at the weekend. This meant moving everything out to a bedroom with a LAN-over-power adapter to run everything. All was fine until we relocated the HC2 back into the cupboard and tried to power it up. I got this "all lights on then power off" symptoms but a few reboots and its now back on and running. Seems the power off/power on gremlins haven't yet been found ;)

I have the exact same problem.

After relocating the HC2 after being idle for a while (trying out other hubs) I decided to start using the HC2 again.

Managed to do a recovery for a fresh new start, installed the latest firmware but all of a sudden I got the same LED sequence as the video above that ends with all LEDs being turned off.

I have changed the CMOS battery (I have no warranty left anyways), I bought a new PSU, I connected the VGA to a monitor but same thing. I don't see any BIOS screen popping up.

Fibaro Support; how come several users are experiencing the exact same thing with just a few weeks/months apart?

If I would connect it to something it would be to the latest firmware upgrade. I'm pretty sure the other users could say the same thing.

Can you look into this without us having to send our HC2s to Poland please? It wouldn't be fair to have to pay for something that was caused by your upgrade if that is the case.

• Inquirer
  • On 10/22/2018 at 8:27 AM, fkruis said:

Could you power off the HC II  and then remove power supply connector. leave it so for a few minutes,

put it back and power on the HC II. if still no image

you could  try another power supply or try to a monitor on the  hmdi / dvi connector.

normally you can reset the bios  from the bios screen.  for replacing the internal battery  you will need to disassemble the  HC II.

see 

Thanks, I have replaced bios battery, but still the same problem, Tried again to boot with a connected screen and nothing happends. 

:-(

I swapped the battery also but it still didn’t work. 

I’m just baffled as there are not many moving parts in the HC2, especially when removing the Recovery stick from the equation. 

I’ve just never ever had a PC failed on me this way that not even the BIOS screen appears. 

I would be super happy if FIBARO Support could just give an explanation of what could possibly cause a massive HW failure like this. 
    At least to offer some comfort to the stability of the system. After all some users are using the systems for home security use cases, where stability and resilience is a top priority. 

20 hours ago, akatar said:

try to boot with a different psu and without the usb stick.

If you refer to my post I've already done that.

4 hours ago, DarrenB said:

If you refer to my post I've already done that.

Have you started a request with Fibaro support via email? The forums aren't a proper support tool, just used for users to help each other (with very occasional chip in from Fibaro). For something this fundermental, I think you'd need to raise a ticket with support. My HC2 eventually booted and has been fine ever since my 'no lights' situation. 

1 hour ago, Cameleon said:

Have you started a request with Fibaro support via email? The forums aren't a proper support tool, just used for users to help each other (with very occasional chip in from Fibaro). For something this fundermental, I think you'd need to raise a ticket with support. My HC2 eventually booted and has been fine ever since my 'no lights' situation. 

I have raised a ticket with the Polish Support. However there was no attempt to troubleshoot remotely, and after I discovered several users here with the same problem it makes sense to keep the discussion going here on the Community in case there is indeed a software update that bricked the HC2.

Obviously I'm not that fond of spending money on sending my HW to another country if I can find workaround in the community.

Yeah definitely did the right thing raising it here. Was making sure you weren't expecting Fibaro to officially reply to it. They really should be getting back to you on your ticket, very poor they are not :(

1 hour ago, Cameleon said:

Yeah definitely did the right thing raising it here. Was making sure you weren't expecting Fibaro to officially reply to it. They really should be getting back to you on your ticket, very poor they are not :(

Just for clarification; they did respond. However the first response was to send it to them, and not to try to find the root cause of the problem first.

But hey, lets see what everyone is saying in the forum :)

• Like 1

So now i'm now in the same problem... Lights go through the same sequence above and then all off and stay off... Cant get into recovery...

The home centre just lives on a desk top, under a shelf in the spare room, never moves, no one touches it... HELP...

Tried connecting a monitor up to see if i could see any bios activity, but nothing...

H E L P...

Edited by Snowman28

Hi guys

I read ALL the problem description and my problem is as the same  as you.

REMEDY :
    As the power problem for laptop charger, maybe PSU or its cable doesnt work true. So I tried to unplug the power and changed its power cable and after 3-4 times turning on again, after passing the sequence, after 10secs off LEDs, suddenly the power led has been turned on !! Then I didnt Turned it on again. Also the firmware is updated to 4.510 and the hc2 is new and its the second time is been turned on.

All of you guys, allow take some mins after starting and led turned off, okey ?

then repy the post

Sincerely you

I live in Sweden and update today and suffered from the same problem! You can not restore it either. It stands and "chews" and if I let the power on, it starts running by itself between spaces and tries to start but it comes to the wrench icon and closes it down, just as in the video further up! So now this is a software failure and I hope fibaro takes its responsibility and fixes it for us affected!

Hi guys

I found sth. in this case of problems, fibaro released 4.520 Firmware with solved issue of ( - System hangs on starting services. ) . Did any one try that ?

Also another problem that I found , the hanging on start up maybe because of power supply fails. please change it to new one and give me your results. Both of them are your answers.