Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Led turn off after booting

peranet

Question

I have recently upgrade, and after reboot HC2 stopped working.

I tried to boot, and this is what happends:

1- Leds start blinking normaly

2- Loading procces si normal with eds status changing

3 after all leds stop blinking they all fade off

- HC2 is off

I tried too  the same proccess for starting recovery mode, but the problem is the same. Ths video shows it:

Thx!!!

My power supply works like it will also test with others, Why would the power ie hardware be a concern for anyone who has problems after updating? it seems long-awaited that so many would get the same error on their HC2 after updating and that it would be due to a hardware failure: - /

42 minutes ago, Scott said:

I'm also getting the same lighting up sequence as @peranet

Actually ignore me - I restarted it like 4 times (panicked) and the last one I just left and it took about 15 min to come back up. #few relieved! 

Having exactly the same problem here. It had been triggered by rebooting a router. The HC2 just wouldn’t come up after that. Tried rebooting and waiting several times but it didn’t help. Have no monitor handy to check up on the problem. Updated to the newest software just a few days ago and it had been working no problem after that. Sending the unit to Polandis not an option. Any ideas?

9 hours ago, ViewPoint said:

Having exactly the same problem here. It had been triggered by rebooting a router. The HC2 just wouldn’t come up after that. Tried rebooting and waiting several times but it didn’t help. Have no monitor handy to check up on the problem. Updated to the newest software just a few days ago and it had been working no problem after that. Sending the unit to Polandis not an option. Any ideas?

To tell you truth, I finally sent to company and they repaired then send back. they told the mother board is broken and the label that is back of hc2 (Including Mac number and Zwave chipset and HC2 serial number) was changed to new that had new mac adrs number.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 10:10 AM, ViewPoint said:

Did you try changing the cmos battery, trying a different power supply and other recepies posted here? 

I didnt try to change the CMOS or physical ways

just connected to MONITOR and didnt see anythings

I have the same problem not only with HC2 I have also 3 of HCL and 2 HC2 has the same problem and tried to solve a problem with support guys with nothing useful they want to have the device, I think they have uploaded crashed software to the hardware, I do not think it is a hardware problem, maybe it need to re-flash the software from scratch 

I have just experienced the same problem. The unit has worked fine since I purchased in September. I recently upgraded to ver 4.5 without any problems. The unit was working fine last night, but as of the morning it looked dead (no leds and the unit was cold - its usually quite hot). I have tried to power on and also to reset and I cant get the unit operational. I have the same led sequence that "peranet" shows on his video. I have tried to restart/reset with the USB recover key in and out, but nothing makes a difference. The unit seems to die, but in fact the sequence of leds replays about every 10 minutes and then all leds go out again. The only other activity is the green led on the RJ45 socket on the back continues to blink. I can't access the unit via the network and in fact the router no longer sees the device.

I hope someone has some answers .. please.

Guys,

after trying everything I could dig up on forums and after intensive googling, I just sent the unit to the manufacturer. It seems like it's on the way back right now. I did not try changing the power supply unit or the CMOS battery though for I did not want to lose the warranty. I explained the problem and my attempts to solve it in details in an email to the technical support and they did not ask any questions, just suggested that I send the unit to them. I'll check whether the unit is the same piece of hardware or not when it arrives. 

I have the exactly same problem as 

Please login or register to see this link.

. But after alot of restart unplugging the power it comes back. And it works for some times and the same happen again. This start after i updated to 4.532 beta.

8 hours ago, oddmn said:

I have the exactly same problem as 

. But after alot of restart unplugging the power it comes back. And it works for some times and the same happen again. This start after i updated to 4.532 beta.

Maybe it is because of beta version. you should recover and downgrade

HI Guys,

my HC2 is also doing the same was there ever a fix found for this? I have tried the mentions about options with no luck.  the 1st time it happened last week I was able to get it back to recovery mode but this time I am having no luck.

thanks in advance for any feedback.

Just ran into this problem a few days ago. I am on 4.530 and had to relocate the HC2 but it would not start. connected a monitor and it would hang at "remote access: disabled"

after a few hours and troubleshooting and video recording (with my mobile)the messages that were displayed on the screen for a split second (too fast to read)  and then replaying them in slow mo... turns out that the damn thing was waiting for an internet connection!!! if your internet is down, the cable is not connected, the router is unplugged, whatever, the HC2 will just hang with a dumb message (why Fibaro???)

Thought I post this message and save someone a lot of time messing with a lot of stuff that are of no consequence to the real problem.

Danny

Same problem no solution. I feel the Internet gateway setting is missing from hc2 is there a way to reset this device. All my led settings are off when the reset is applied. Fibaro finder detects with a weird IP address  192.168.81.1. I am also not able to access the device using this IP address over the browser. Any help...

Ok I think I have fixed the issue. Kindly follow the below steps

Ensure both the PC and Hc2 are connected on the same network

Go to the network settings on the PC, IPV4 properties; use the following IP address

IP address 192.168.81.5

DGW 255.255.255.0

GW 192.168.81.1

Save and exit

Open the browser and enter the GW IP address. You will then be able to access the console.Once in select Backup and restore from the cloud. After this step is completed you may change the IP address on the PC to access Internet. Use Fibaro finder to access the console using DHCP. This time you will notice 3 blue lights Power, Network, and Net. I had to reconfigure my devices again. This was easy considering all the troubles  figuring out how to fix this. I feel the issue is related to an interruption during a firmware update most likely the net went off line or power failure

Edited by njhifi

I am also having this issue now. I was having the issue then was able to get into it one time and do a software update and was working for awhile then I unplugged it and plugged it back in and started having this issue again. Does anyone have any solutions? I have tried all the suggestions on this thread. 

I had the exact same problem and found an easy solution. Turning it on the LEDs went through the exact same sequence, with all the lights turning off and then coming back to just having two lights on. It turns out the problem was that the Home Centre 2 had swapped to static IP address mode. The crazy thing is that this is horribly easy to accidentally do! There are two buttons on the back - the power button and the recovery button. However, if you click the recovery button just once, it swaps from DHCP mode to being in static IP address mode - and for me that caused the Home Centre 2 to swap to an incorrect IP address on a different subnet and it could no longer connect to the devices on the network. 

To fix the problem all I had to do was click the recovery button once, and this swapped it back into DHCP mode, which then meant it could connect again and everything started working again. 

I hope this helps others who have this same problem.  

One troubleshooting tip is to use the Fibaro Finder tool on your PC. When I did this it immediately found the Home Centre 2 and I could see it had the wrong IP address. 

For Fibaro, I have no idea why they would put such a crucial function on a button right beside the power button on the back of the device! It is so easy to accidentally click the wrong button and then if the static IP is on a different subnet everything breaks! 

First of all, I came across this issue today. So this is an old post, but it can still be an actual issue. It can indeed be caused by a network issue. In my case it was either a faulty cable that was not connected well after resolving another issue (see below), or it was a (temporarily) blocked port on the switch it was connected to. I replaced the cable. At first it did not connect, but after a minute or two it performed a dhcp request and got the intended IP address, and started up normally.

I came across this after a Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 exploded. I was in an online meeting and wanted to lower the sunscreen via the Fibaro web interface. I set the position, and as soon as I released the mouse button, the roller shutter quit with a fairly loud popping sound, and the electrical group fuse disabled. I have to check if the blind motor is still ok. But a burnt out roller shutter is never a good thing.

Hi Has anyone created a backup - a disk image of the internal disk flags? It is completely dead on my fibaro HC2. Thanks