Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Flood sensor no audible alarm when DC powered

qwerty

Question

I recently purchased 2 Fibaro flood sensors FGFS-101. When powered with a DC adapter, the flood sensor does not make an audible alarm when detecting water. It only makes an audible alarm if it is powered by the battery. This is happening with both units. Is there a way to ensure that there is an audible alarm sound when powered directly with a DC adapter?

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Following is the process that Fibaro tech support told me to use and it did not work. They want me to follow the RMA process but I am hesitant since this is happening on 2 brand new flood sensors which are different versions. I doubt returning them is going to fix the problem.

Both flood sensors were purchased less than a week ago and were brand new sealed in the box.

flood sensor 1
    FGFS-101
    Flood sensor 2
    FGFS-101 zw5

1) Delete device from the system.
    2) Connect DC/Supplier to it, remove the battery. Of course make sure that connection is correct.
    3) Perform a manual reset of device. Resetting the Flood Sensor:
    a) Make sure the Sensor is powered
    b) Press and hold the TMP button
    c) Wait 15-20 seconds for the visual LED indicator to glow yellow (4th position of the MENU)
    d) Release the TMP button
    f) Click the TMP button once to confirm selection
    g) Successful reset will be confirmed with the visual indicator changing colour to red and acoustic signal
    4) Add device to the system.

Hmm, I often have problems following the factory reset with fibaro smoke sensors. Some will some won´t. Must try this for 5-6 times till it work.

If you delete the device from the system, do you mean an exclude? Then it should do a factory reset and is ready for include.

I´m using also 2 Flood sensors since one year and both are connected via external power supply. But, the battery is in the device and this works in my enviroment.

Z-Way and Raspberry