Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

How to update firmware FIB_FGT-001

Guest Wim2008

Question

Guest Wim2008

I road that my new Fibaro heat controller must have a n update of the firmware.

I use all z-wave devices in Homeseer 3 with a gen-5 stick.

Wenn I  have include the Fibaro device in Homeseer, I could upgrade the firmware in Homeseer. See attachment.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_10/1689270498_firmwarenewFIB_FGT-001.jpg.5c38f62df99824e091bf338afebbc907.jpg" alt="1689270498_firmwarenewFIB_FGT-001.jpg.5c38f62df99824e091bf338afebbc907.jpg" />

Is this working well?

Or is it better to upgrade the firmware with a programm as Z-wave PC Controller and the gen-5 stick in the pc?

Wim

3 answers to this question

@Wim2008 the update:

Firmware update 4.4 for FIBARO The Heat Controller FGT-001 is available!

• Improved stability of the regulator,
  • Improved operation of the extra temperature sensor and temperature measurement,
  • Lowered motor speed resulting in quieter operation and extended operation on one battery charge,
  • Fixed other errors that affected the thermostatic head operation.

Fibaro will not provide you with the update file, so you need a hc lite or hc2 to update.

Or you can ask who lives around Eindhoven to pay that person a visit with youre thermostat

(or buy a hc lite at marktplaats for around 120 euro's)

Guest Wim2008
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks. I will see what's possible. Perhaps I go back to the supplier.

Also I will ask in this line for people near Eindhoven, please let me know if you can help me with the firmware update.

Wim

Edited by Wim2008

Guest Wim2008
  • Inquirer
  • Thanks for your information.

Here short my experience with this thermostat in Homeseer.

- There thermostat looks nice. The led lights come up if something is changed by the thermostat. The explenation of the color can you find in de the manual, which is to download on the Fibaro site.

- With a usb contact you can load the battery.

- Also wenn you turn the thermostat by hand, you see also the led light. Colder is colder colors and warming up is warm colors.
    - Including this thermostat in Hiomeseer is no problem. Do it with security including and with the gen-5 stick. If you included the thermostat without security, you get failures like in my first attachment.
    - Updating the firmware, I didn't do it, while I don't no it the guaranty  is after it away.

- In Homeseer you see several lines.

- No functionalities are given or changing on the thermostat or in Homeseer. For instance: If something changes like the the passage of water in the radiator Is it closed or open. You can't see that in Homeseer and on the thermostat.

- I you give an new value of temperator in Homeseer, not happens at the thermostat. No light on. No change in the passage.

- I you change by hand the temperatur. You see the led light is coming up to warm colors. But further nothing happens.
    - In Homeseer and on the thermostat you can't see or the thermostat properly works.

- Excluding the thermostat is also easy to do with Homeseer

- I got a phone call from Fibaro and supplier. Both are saying that they can't help with a sollution. Also both were saying: Send your thermostat back to supplier.

Thermostat of Firaro has no functionally with Homeseer.

Edited by Wim2008