Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

One mechanical Switch doesn't work using Double Switch

play3man

Question

Hello,

We have few light switch installed with Fibaro and one of them was Double Relay Switch (old model of Double Switch 2 with In and L). We bought a Double Switch 2 to change this relay because we wanted to measure power consumption.

Double Relay Switch was/is installed on one Double (mechanical) switch to control two separate lights. One light can be controlled only from this switch, the second one can be controlled from more places / switches.

With Double Relay Switch there was no problem, we installed it at the first attempt and everything was working as it should. After we bought the Double Switch 2, we just replaced the Double Relay Switch, every single wire we connected to the same input/output and turn the power supply on - and here magic happens. The left mechanical switch (S2) works fine, the right does nothing (S1). Absolutely nothing, no click sound in Fibaro Double Switch 2, no lights. Then I tried to turn the light on with the app through Fibaro - at it works for both.

OK, I tried to switch the S1 and S2 wire to check if one of the Fibaro Double Switch relays is false. But, another magic, the left mechanical switch still works (S1) but the right does nothing anyway (S2). From this it looks like there is some problem with the mechanical switch. So i took one of the wires for light and put it directly to the right mechanical switch to bypass Fibaro - vuala, the right mechanical switch does work and the light is switching on and off without any problems.

At this moment I was feeling helpless and just uninstalled the new Double Switch 2, took the old Double Relay Switch and installed it back - it works as it should!

What the heck is happening here. At the last, i just tried to install Double Switch 2 to a different double mechanical switch - different circuit. It took me five minutes to install everything the same way as with the previous and in this it is working!

OMG I really don't know what I'm doing wrong so the Double Switch 2 is not working in place where Relay Switch is working without any problems! Any ideas please? Thank you!

Edited by play3man

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • 3 minutes ago, akatar said:

@play3man in the switch2 setup in fibaro, is the second switch installed as a on/off button?

I could switch the light with the Fibaro in app, but not physically, so I think yes, it was.

Edited by play3man

@play3man That is not what i mean.

i mean the input, not the output

You can choose if the input is a toggle switch etc, is it on on/off mode?

and i know that the wirers of the old switch and new switch2 are a bit different

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by akatar

• Inquirer
  • 6 minutes ago, akatar said:

@play3man That is not what i mean.

and i know that the wirers of the old switch and new switch2 are a bit different

The only change in new version in terms of wires is that "In" input is not in Double Switch 2

I cant look right now how it was set cause we left it on a different light circuit where it is working well. But I didn't delete the device from Fibaro then, so if it's working now, i assume that this is not the problem.

@play3man @play3man That is not what i mean.

you can test it, test if the input for the second relais is on, measure if there is 230v on S2

• Thanks 1

• Inquirer
  • 12 minutes ago, akatar said:

@play3man @play3man That is not what i mean.

you can test it, test if the input for the second relais is on, measure if there is 230v on S2

I will check it thanks

Edited by play3man

Hi, and welcome in a "boat"

This problem I have for a long time already. All my Double Switch 2 works this way now. Only one Sx works and the other one doesnt. As the same time - the relay still controlled by the app fine.

Strange that You faced the problem right away, because it was fine for me from the start, and problemm appear few monthes later after the installation.

First I thought the issue was a reslt of FW update to 3.3, but later my local installer report this is common problem for power meter enabled devices of Fibaro. Same time old relays are work fine.

I have sent a full detailed report (with video attached) to Fibaro support, and I just got the "f..k off" template answer, like: "reinclude / reconfigure" and offcourse that does not help.

So, officially now. Fibaro, You have a problem. And while You remain the silence more and more customers affected.

Nice move would be: to confirm the Double Switch 2 is faulty (or fault party) and to replace it for free.

• Like 1