Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

What else we can do with temperature?

Sita

Question

- Can we use temperature info as trigger for other event? Such as turn on fan
- Can we keep history of temperature info, for example interface out to other application or keep it on the cloud?

14 answers to this question

- yes temperature can control other devices. In my case RPM of fan exhausting the heat from server room is controlled by temperature sensor - higher temperature, higher RPM (controlled by fibaro dimmer)

- Im not sure about second question

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Lgy. That is good idea to link temperature to dimmer. 

For 2nd question, my requirement is to keep log of temperature change during the week or month. Motion sensor have temperature data, but I can not send this data to keep something else ie., IFTTT. 

I would like to push up the temperature log question again. At the moment I can only see the temperature in the portal or in the app. But I also would like to have a log which can be exported somehow.

Unfortunately there does not seem to be a panel for temperature also (like the energy panel). There is a "Climate" panel but this seems to be something else.

I wonder if a Smart Implant would work differently. I had nearly bought one already but now I am glad that I didn´t because I don´t know whether I can use the measured values at all for something.

@krzaThe smart Implant does the same. You can connect up to 6 DS18B20 Temp sensors to it. It can do al lot more, it is one of my favorit devices.

In my case, I'm using the Quick APP 

Please login or register to see this link.

to write all sensor data from fibaro homecenter into

Please login or register to see this link.

database. 

Thanks Fabir. That sounds complicated. And when I read "cloud" and "license" I directly get pimples.

I don´t have a cloud and also no server or NAS or something in my home network. I thought that the data could be downloaded or sent via push email or something. The data is somewhere, don´t know whether on the local Yubii or in the Yubii cloud. And it´s even displayed in the portal. So why pushing the data to another cloud before getting it?

PS: I found something ... by chance ... the Yubii portal has a "Generic" section within the settings. And there is a data export button. Shame on me that I did not find it before but on the other hand ... who would expext it there ;)

There is one button for energy and one for temperature. The traces look like this:

"deviceId";"deviceName";"timestamp";"value"

56;Single Switch A;1687005274000;94.1
    56;Single Switch A;1687005284000;559.9
    56;Single Switch A;1687005577000;2.4
    56;Single Switch A;1687005637000;486.3
    56;Single Switch A;1687005683000;547
    56;Single Switch A;1687005818000;362.1
    56;Single Switch A;1687005823000;2.4
    56;Single Switch A;1687005879000;552
    56;Single Switch A;1687005992000;2.5

This example is for the energy. You can see that it contains the Unix timestamp (which is shifted by 2 hours in my case) and the Watt values. It does not contain any kWh values though. This is not a big issue if you don´t need too exact values but you have to work with a generic voltage of e.g. 230 V which is not that constant in reality (in my case it´s usually somewhere between 226 and 230 V). What a nonsense ... I probably had too much amps and milliamps in mind when I wrote that. But the values are not amps but Watts ... so all fine ;)

Edited by krza

Here is the same discussion, with an Api “solution”. 

Edited by SmartHomeEddy

10 minutes ago, krza said:

Lucky who knows where "here" is ;)

:) ... you have to read between the lines... and there are plenty of lines here on the forum :)

If you only want to look at the history here and there, use export using available tools or Swager.
    If you mean long-term monitoring of the development of values and preferably in connection with other states, there is a ready-made solution for InfluxDB and Grafana.

It is important to realize that our HCx are not PLCs for industrial automation, and in the building they are typically felt with a time reading in minutes (10-15 min).
    Energy is needed even after a minute.
    The frequency of status transmission after Zwave for 30 seconds is also subject to this.

Cool, thanks for the link. So I indeed was the slow guy ... but honestly ... would not have searched in an update thread, and the search function did not give me something like this.

Hi Martin,

I had a closer look at the "No graphs" post and to the API link. In which context can such link be used? In case the API is supported by the controller, would you just put it into the browser address bar and it would trigger a download?

Q2: It probably requires that you are logged on directly on the controller before in order to create a session? If so, it won´t work for me anyway because my PC is on the ethernet and the Yubii is on Wifi, so on a different network. This seems to prevent to logon from the PC (nd also prevents using Swagger as it seems).

Q3: You said "read documentation". Good idea. But which documentation are you talking about? At least for the Yubii Home there doesn´t seem to be any reasonable documentation.

@krza

Hello,...
    look in the linked post "No graphs". I wrote a detailed analysis of export options there.

eM.

Q2: It probably requires that you are logged on directly on the controller before in order to create a session? If so, it won´t work for me anyway because my PC is on the ethernet and the Yubii is on Wifi, so on a different network. This seems to prevent to logon from the PC (nd also prevents using Swagger as it seems).

General: If I'm going to query another device (HC / API / SWAGGER Web Interface) from a device, I need to have connectivity to it.
    If you don't meet this, I don't see how you could even set up and manage HC/Yubii?
    If you keep the HC/Yubii with its own Wi-Fi network, switch it to client mode and connect to your existing Wi-Fi network in the building. So you will have PC/smartphone/tablet.. with HC/Yubii in one network.
    However, the assumption is that this Wi-Fi network is not in a guest mode with client isolation (a mode where everyone is on the same network, but cannot see each other and cannot communicate with each other.)

API command calls require authorization. If you do this from the address bar of the same window where you logged into HC / Yubii, it will not be required.
    If you make a call in a new window, it may mean a new session and a login window will pop up. In it you log into HC/Yubii and the command is executed. Each change of parameters and other API calls in this window will no longer require another login until the session expires.

eM.