Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

YR weather has stopped updating

hTiger1

Question

I found the same tonight. I swapped the global weather in the configuration panel to globally use Yahoo weather instead. After installing the Yahoo weather plugin.

At least now my electric blanket comes on when it should ;) Incidentally did you hide the new yahoo weather device. I did initially and I could not see the device available to be used in my script. 

On 11/21/2018 at 1:59 PM, jakub.jezek said:

It is global issue. I asked Fibaro support regarding such cases and technician recommended me Yahoo.

I have HC lite but Yahoo also not working. Yahoo always showing 0 at all values. can you help me with this?

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 11:54 PM, Fabir said:

Still the same here with HCL 4.530

With the Yahoo Plugin, the Weather Data are there in the console and in the Smartphone APP.

But the the faulty YR Plugin can't be uninstalled. This means you can have only 4 working Plugins installed in HCL.

The Homecenter Light Manual says, it can have 5 working Plugins.

Please login or register to see this link.

Is this a feature or a Bug?

Also wondering about this. 

Mine does the same, and I cannot uninstall. So means you only can have 4 yes :|

I have 2 HC2's, at 2 locations. For both, YR weather stopped updating spontaneously, and Yahoo shows only "0":-( 

location determination just works.
very annoying...

Same issue here on HC2. YR weather not updating for more than a week now. Restart is not solving the issue.

Rene.

It is global issue. I asked Fibaro support regarding such cases and technician recommended me Yahoo.

Thanks. But this does not resolve some other issues. In scenes and other scripts I check weather data by getting value from device (/api/devices/3, or in LUA fibaro:getValue(3, "Wind")). Even if I change default weather to Yahoo, device 3 remains YR weather which is not working currently. On the web interface the Yahoo data is showing at the top right (which is weird as I understood this is being pulled from device 3...?) Any thoughts on how to resolve?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by ReneNL

Still the same here with HCL 4.530

With the Yahoo Plugin, the Weather Data are there in the console and in the Smartphone APP.

But the the faulty YR Plugin can't be uninstalled. This means you can have only 4 working Plugins installed in HCL.

The Homecenter Light Manual says, it can have 5 working Plugins.

Is this a feature or a Bug?

Do anyone kindly have a solution for the not working of YR Weather or Yahoo Weather? For me on HC2 4.530 neither YR or Yahoo weather is working... 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Alfonso, thanks for the reply. I have found also below discussion with the same topic.

Last info was from from this month added by

:

"I asked this from Fibaro support. They answered that they are aware of this issue and they currently working on resolving it as soon as possible :)"

Same by me - the Fibaro support said to me before any weeks - wait for the solution. Not so fine ]:->

Hello, any updates from Fibaro? We need to know ETA of the fix.

We are getting questions from our customers why this doesn’t work (Yahoo Weather, YR Weather, Google Maps, …).

• Like 1