Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino 0-10V dimmer integration

Iztok88

Question

Hi,

I have a Qubino 0-10V dimmer that I am trying to use to control LED lights that are controlled by a 1-10V ballast.

Each circuit has about 5 balasts connected to each other. The dimmer is connected to the master ballast.

Dimming via the Home Center 2 is ok with one problem. When the slider is turned all the way off, the lights don't go completely off.

I measured the voltage on the dimmer in this state and it is showing 1,3V. I'm thinking of using a resistor on the dimmer to drop the voltage below 1V, which is when the LEDs should turn off acording to the instructions on the ballast. This however doesn't seem to me like a good solution. 

Does anybody have any suggestions or other solutions on how to get the LEDs to turn off.

Thank you.  

5 answers to this question

What is your parameter no. 60 value? Looks like it's set to 10 instead of 1% (like for 1-10V type output).

Hi,

I also have this problem.

When the dimmer output is turned "off" the LED strip remains on at a low level.

Parameter 60 is set to 1 (as suggested above)

Does any one have any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Check your power supply, maybe you need to replace it or add a resistor. Qubino has it in their manual and on the knowledge base 

• Inquirer
  • In my case we added a resistor and we also needed a synchronization cable for the LED power supplies. Each light had its own power supply and an additional cable was needed for synchronization, otherwise the light levels were really strange.