Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Assistant integrates Fibaro HCL/HC2

pbalogh77

Question

Hi all,

Home assistant (https://home-assistant.io) now supports integration with Fibaro HCL and HC2 Hubs. Once you configure your url, user and password, your devices show up on Home Assistant. This way you can integrate with Xiaomi, Ikea Tradfri and tons of other systems into one easy to customize and lightning fast interface.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by pbalogh77
  • Like 3

Just now, Lambik said:

So, just a thought, I could use this mechanism to use it by the HC2 Lua?

Something like:

• call /api/refreshStates by a LUA scene
  • Wait until changes and send device changes  encrypted, by the scene, to Node Red for example?

yes. you can. my 1st implementation was working as you said. but without encryption. 

• Thanks 1

Clear! Probably it would not be as fast as the direct solution....

Just now, Lambik said:

Clear! Probably it would not be as fast as the direct solution....

as I can remember you still seem like tilting at windmills trying to have safe connect from HC2 to other solution....

@Lambik

Please login or register to see this attachment.

UPD: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Cute Cat

• 5 users/acl rules/connections
  • 10 Kbit/s

FREE

and btw, you may filter events on HC2 side before sending. for minimizing traffic 

UPD2:

Edited by 10der
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've just installed HASS over the weekend. It can see devices and scenes in Fibaro. It cannot see  global variables or VDs.

So far I am only using it as a tts gateway, planning to may be add asuswert.

@petergebruers - What do you think are the highest value automations, which become available when having both Fibaro and HASS?

6 minutes ago, Ros said:

What do you think are the highest value automations, which become available when having both Fibaro and HASS?

Hi, @Ros actually HASS used as Z-wave controller (with Z-stickers), Also some peoples look to HASS as a backup plan for escaping if life with Fibaro will become unbearable :)

I do not know what value to use HASS with Fibaro. but yes, Peter can say more here.

16 minutes ago, Ros said:

So far I am only using it as a tts gateway,

btw, 

Please login or register to see this image.

4 hours ago, Ros said:

@petergebruers - What do you think are the highest value automations, which become available when having both Fibaro and HASS?

I think that will vary from individual to individiual... I'll try to give an idea.

Let's get the disadvantages first:

• Running and maintaining two systems is more difficult than running one.
  • The systems are very dissimilar, which increases time spent learning new stuff. This is not so much a disadvantage if you enjoy tinkering with such a system, but if you just want to "get the job done" that might get tedious.
  • hass is very much "under development" and there are "breaking changes" and I still expect more to come. For instance, the "recorder" is not very good (and I am being kind by putting it like that) because it dumps a ton of json data in a varchar, will create 0.1 to 1 GB of data per day and queries will be slow. But hey, I shouldn't be complaining because it is open source so I can always propose and build a different solution. BTW that is not going to happen, I don't see it as a personal challenge to fix it.

Specifically when talking about automations, there is freedom of choice

• You can write simple "yaml automations"
  • You can write python "appdaemon automations"
  • You can integrate with Node Red
  • And if all of the above do not get the job done, you can extend the source code of hass. For instance, write your own component...

See 

I do not run automations on hass (yet). I mainly use hass because off:

• Integration with other stuff. A lot of other stuff... A TON of other stuff...
  • Possibility to design your own GUI (aka "lovelace") and use this as a remote control.

IMHO open-zwave also needs to be improved, eg. support for devices and command class "Central Scene", better handling of errors, for example. Again, this is community-driven so I am not complaining. The HC - HASS integration allows you to keep devices on your HC.

• Like 1

@petergebruers @pbalogh77 What is the right yaml syntax for an action to run a fibaro scene?

Is it possible? Is it done through the scene.turn_on service? How to find the entity_id for a fibaro scene?

Thank you so much!

Edited by Ros

To find the scene, I would open a browser and navigate to "development tools" then click on "<>". scroll down to "Current entities". Under column Entity you will find a filter field. In that field, start typing a part of the name of the scene, but replace spaces with underscores.

For example, on HC my scene is "TV Kijken".

So i filter on:

• tv -> that will give too many entities because several have "tv" in their name
  • kijken -> exactly one entity
  • tv_k -> also exactly one entity

So on my system the entity ID is "

"

If you then use the browser to edit the automation, the action is indeed "scene.turn_on" and the service data is:

{
  "entity_id": "scene.tv_tv_kijken_2"
}

Please login or register to see this code.

If you prefer raw automations.yaml edit, here is the complete code

Please login or register to see this code.

As the name suggests, switch.dummy is not a real switch, you have to add some kind of trigger (empty event trigger should work).

If you edit the yaml, do configuration, general, reload automations, then refresh your home page. Your "tv_stand" scene should appear, you can click on it to open it and click "trigger" to test it.

Beware, when I write this, there is a bug: if the numeric scene ID matches a device ID, one will overwrite the other. @pbalogh77 knows about the bug and it is on his todo list. AFAIK scenes overwrite devices. See 

EDIT: I am absolutely new to "automations" - but maybe that is a good thing because I'll have the same questions as other newbie users ;)

Edited by petergebruers
  • Like 1

Please login or register to see this image.

after reading this post, I understand what Fibaro is not bad development tools...

I must say I like it so far with the HC2 + HA setup.

HA has a very impressive number of integrations. Many systems I thought would be impossible to integrate in HC2 actually have integration with HA, including some very rare stuff!

I am using HA mostly to get info from those systems and feed them to HC2, which still takes all the decisions.

With the ability of connecting HCL to Home Assistant can you now do more advanced automation from Home Assistant as HCL is poor lacking LUA? 

Edited by wdaly

21 minutes ago, wdaly said:

With the ability of connecting HCL to Home Assistant can you now do more advanced automation from Home Assistant as HCL is poor lacking LUA? 

Yes

47 minutes ago, Ros said:

Yes

Awesome, thanks Ros