Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Home Assistant integrates Fibaro HCL/HC2

pbalogh77

Question

Hi all,

Home assistant (https://home-assistant.io) now supports integration with Fibaro HCL and HC2 Hubs. Once you configure your url, user and password, your devices show up on Home Assistant. This way you can integrate with Xiaomi, Ikea Tradfri and tons of other systems into one easy to customize and lightning fast interface.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by pbalogh77
  • Like 3

I assume by "import" and "migrate" you mean you want to move away from HCL and only use HASS. That is not possible, your modules are "locked" to the controller of the HCL.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Saint said:

Is it possible to import modules from Fibaro HCL to HA ?

It would be perfect for a migration !

no.

you can't import devices to another Z-Wave server from HC2

Ok, thanks for your answers.

it seems possible to import HC2 modules to Jeedom

Please login or register to see this link.

omg. you cannot export / import your devices *at all* 

your devices *locked* to your HC2 and can't be works with another z-wave solution  without de-registering from your HC2.

it's clearly understand?

21 minutes ago, The Saint said:

it seems possible to import HC2 modules to Jeedom

Gosh, strict speaking you can indeed add a "secondary" controller to ANY other controller (Jeedom, hass, Domoticz) but you'll have issues with it. Since you mentioned HCL I assume you have no more then 20 nodes so I recommend you don't do that. Secondly, because you have posted in "Home Assistant integrates Fibaro HCL/HC2" I assume you're interested in what this does: make HCL devices and scenes available on HASS so you can have "best of both worlds".

Here is what I would do, if I wanted to move away from HC2/HCL (which I am not planning to do):

- Install HASS

- Integrate HCL (the "Home Assistant integrates Fibaro HCL/HC2" part of this topic)

- Now learn how to make HASS automations, but leave all modules on your HCL until you are confident that HASS can do what you want!

- When you want to migrate away from HCL, exclude one single module to begin with. (Put HCL in Delete mode then click or 3 click module). Then start the Z-Wave integration on HASS. And Add that single module.

- After this, fix your (browser) interface and your automations scripts. You'll have to refer to the new "entity ID or IDs" of the device, given by the Z-Wave integration.

- Repeat this process until you no longer have devices on your HCL

- Factory reset the HCL.Sell it, or keep it to do Firmware Updates. Remember: HASS cannot update firmware of modules. In fact, only Fibaro controllers can update Fibaro modules!

A big thanks for your long and very detailed answer.
I use a Fibaro HCL with 25 modules, Philips Hue, Google Home and a Nabaztag Tag ... but I can not update my HCL, it's blocked in 4.08 and not more under warranty ...

In addition my HCL bug sometimes : random crashes, date and hours that start at 0 ...

I am looking for a new solution.
I have a new HCL but can not migrate my modules and scenes ...  I do not understand that Fibaro is not provided the possibility to make a backup and restore it on another HCL.
So I'm disappointed about Fibaro and I'm looking for an open source solution.

Home Assistant seems to me very powerful but I think it is not a product still mature. It lacks a graphical interface to program the scenes.
Domoticz seems more accomplished with its Blocky interface. But the support is not very good.

Maybe I'll have to stay on Fibaro...

Edited by The Saint

Hi all,

I managed to successfully add my Fibaro HC2 to 

using the Fibaro component and all my Z-Wave devices are available in 

I have also managed to group my lights. However, the state of my lights (on/off) are not being correctly displayed in the 

front end.

For example, I will turn on a light on 

front end and the status would move from left to right (to indicate ON and this turn on my lights) but then will quickly move to the left (OFF position) in 

- when in fact the lights are not OFF

I really don’t understand why this weird behaviour exists so would be grateful if someone could shed some light and help me fix this.

My motion sensors seem to be working fine and as expected.

Many thanks,

litfoo

On 7/25/2019 at 5:46 PM, The Saint said:

A big thanks for your long and very detailed answer.
I use a Fibaro HCL with 25 modules, Philips Hue, Google Home and a Nabaztag Tag ... but I can not update my HCL, it's blocked in 4.08 and not more under warranty ...

In addition my HCL bug sometimes : random crashes, date and hours that start at 0 ...

I am looking for a new solution.
I have a new HCL but can not migrate my modules and scenes ...  I do not understand that Fibaro is not provided the possibility to make a backup and restore it on another HCL.
So I'm disappointed about Fibaro and I'm looking for an open source solution.

Home Assistant seems to me very powerful but I think it is not a product still mature. It lacks a graphical interface to program the scenes.
Domoticz seems more accomplished with its Blocky interface. But the support is not very good.

Maybe I'll have to stay on Fibaro...

Look into Node-Red for automation also for your yaml editing, visual code with yaml & HA integration.

I use my HCL as a fibaro controller only, Aeotec for other z-wave devices (starting to learn fibaro sucks balls), Conbee II for zigbee & some wifi stuff (soon shelly and tasomta)

Can anyone share a code to read and write Fibaro global variables from Home Assistant using Fibaro API?

@pbalogh77 Since this was the easiest way to contact you, i just wanted to say "thank you" for your work on the HA connection. I used to be a Fibaro user and only recently a friend tried the integration and it works so nicely that i have dusted of the old HC2 and moved all my zwave to it just so i could use it in HA. Works like a charm and the wife is actually much more happier to use the fibaro app then the HA apps i have. Best of both worlds now. Not to mention that i could upgrade a dozen devices :)

I went from 10~15 minutes startup time with openzwave to restart HA down to only 20 seconds. Always liked the HC2 i just wanted to do more.. think i need to update my signature too, it is very old haha :)

Hi all,

I am new to all this automation topics, and recently built a new house where i added a bunch of Zwave actos and sensors on top of a HC2 Fibaro controller.
I am still learning my ways on that.

I have also a bunch of Xiaomi Temp & Humidity sensors, so i was considering to integrate then to get info for my Daikin AC. If i can ise Jome Assistant tto integrate all this 3 components, meaning HC2 for all Zwave, Xiaomi and Daikin Controller, it would be much easier, than bying a bunch of new Aeotec MultiSensors and RemoteC IR.

So quick and dirty question would be: Can i use Home assistant to make the center integration hub for these 3 components, and execute some scenes and automation? Can i pool info from Xiaomi using Home assistant towwards Fibaro to control the Blinds, for instance?

Many thanks
Hugo 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2019 at 12:05 PM, 10der said:

btw, 

Hello @10der,

I've installed NodeRed on HASS and made an interface for the BMW plugin for Fibaro and Jeedom (shared here: 

)

NodeRed is great but it took me a lot of time, mainly dealing with syntax, types etc. ?.

Would you share the config of your SONOS NodeRed Flow ?

Or maybe it is already shared somewhere ?

Thanks a lot!

Seb

Guest Skeptik

Hi.

I recently went from a USB Z-Wave stick on Home Assistant to a Home Center Lite, which works really well. The only thing i cannot do is transition my lights brightness like i used to with the USB stick.
Is there's something i'm doing wrong or is it simply not supported to pass the transition time from Home Assistant to Home Center Lite?

Thanks and have a good weekend! :)

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help... When I turn a light on/off in HA - all works well (the switch state in Lovelace changes).  However, when I use the wall light switch to manually turn a light on / off - the HA interface does not update the state...  Has anyone else come across this?  And were you able to find a solution?

UPDATE: OK, I found the issue.  It appears that my Fibaro Dimmer modules created 2 entities in HA - one of which the sate updates and the other does not (however both entities can control the light) - so naturally, I am simply now using the one that updates!  Hope this helps someone else.

Edited by SmartHomeAU

Hello, everyone. 

I have some questions related to HC3. I want to buy it but I really don't know if I will be able to use it as I want. 

First of all, I am a very looong time Home Assistant user. 

1. HC3 integration with Home Assistant is it reliable? 

2. I want to use some Fibaro button FGPB-101-3. I will be able to capture the scene in Home Assistant? If yes, how? Should I set something in HC3 and after using zwave_something in Events Tab?

3. If HC3 doesn't met this requirements, it is HC2 better?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Edited by Cata Tibori