Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

text to speach via Alexa

Markoe

Question

Hi, can an amazon alexa (echo) speaker make an announcement when a door sensor opened etc?

It would be handy to have and fuction like  say (message,volume,lanquage,echodevice)

Not for the moment, maybe I'll try to develop my own fibaro skills for Alexa through an Azure Function.

4 hours ago, magicman said:

i use ijpuk skill and works very well  but at present i think only works in UK ?

Its also available in Italy, US, Canada, Australia, India and coming soon to Germany and Mexico :)

1 hour ago, ianakapilotlight said:

Its also available in Italy, US, Canada, Australia, India and coming soon to Germany and Mexico :)

excellent glad its going well

2 hours ago, Tony270570 said:

hello @magicman, it has also been released in France one week ago.

Hi tony i use it for numerous announcements now never lets me down, i just send the relevant token to a global variable and then the ijpuk lua with a small modification to trigger the announcement

Hi @magicman and thank you for your feedback, I've started the implementation last weekend and it's working really well ! did you have a solution for dynamic annoucements like the temperature ? It's straightfowrd for static annoucements but don't know if it's possible to do something about dynamic ones.

Do you have an idea? 

yes just use the fibaro.temperature."value" to update a global variable then on that global change run a routine using a token generated from ijpuk to announce the level reached. for example when temperature reaches 23 degrees trigger your global and announce "Temperature is now 23 degrees.". hope that makes sense? . im working on being able to send any value ;)

• Like 1

Just a quick update to say its now in German Amazon store - 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by ianakapilotlight
  • Thanks 1

where to get the LUA scene?

is there a way to send custom text? I have no premium account yet, but so far I can only trigger the default "someone is at the front door"-announcement

Edit: ah, I see, I need to use Alexas routines to trigger a (custom) announcement... but it's not possible to send a custom announcement through the API, right? I have to predefine the announcement, right?

Edit 2: ok, found the LUA scene too, it's here 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by MJFox

On 2/14/2020 at 4:24 PM, MJFox said:

but it's not possible to send a custom announcement through the API, right? I have to predefine the announcement, right?

Sorry for the late reply.  You are right, the doorbell is only the triggering action, this action can be to start an Alexa routine or sound a doorbell chime.  It's through the routine that you set it to play an announcement you define.

you can release this with a raspi and node red, install 10 der fibaro-devices and make some flows its veray easy and works great.

Hi @Magicman, did you already succeed in passing a global variable in Fibaro to have it used in the TTS of Alexa through the use of the ijpuk Api  (passing a dynamic variable) ?  Thx !

On 4/25/2020 at 6:38 PM, Winecook said:

Hi @Magicman, did you already succeed in passing a global variable in Fibaro to have it used in the TTS of Alexa through the use of the ijpuk Api  (passing a dynamic variable) ?  Thx !

Bump