Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Two HUBs Fibaro & Smarthings can controll Fibaro devices / sensors?

fingusio

Question

Will devices / sensors paired with Fibaro work when I add them to Smarthings HUB. It's about whether there can be two HUBs?

I am asking because I want to add Fibaro devices to Smartthings HUB and thus be able to detect in Alex's Amazon

@T.Konopka

Edited by fingusio

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • But check this

Please login or register to see this link.

Because the Hub is a certified Z-Wave device, you can add it to another Z-Wave network. Note that you can only add a Hub to a different Z-Wave network if no Z-Wave devices have been added. Otherwise, you should remove all Z-Wave devices from the Hub first by putting them through a

Please login or register to see this link.

. When the SmartThings Hub is used as a secondary controller on a Z-Wave network, it may not receive notifications from some battery-operated devices. SmartThings Technical Support does not provide assistance to consumers using the Hub with other Z-Wave central controllers.

Here are the steps to put the Hub into learn mode to receive network information from another Z-Wave controller:
    1. Prepare the other Z-Wave controller to copy its network information to the Hub. This may be called include, add, transfer, shift, copy, or replicate mode
    2. In the SmartThings Classic app, tap the menu (Android) / More (iOS)

Please login or register to see this image.

3. Tap the Hub
    4. Tap Z-Wave Utilities
    5. Tap Add Hub to an existing Z-Wave network
    6. Tap OK

This will start learn mode on the Hub. It may take longer to receive all the network info and load all the devices. Check the other controller for confirmation of whether the transfer was successful.

One Z-Wave device cannot be included into two Z-Wave controllers if you mean that. It's in Z-Wave standard.

Probably Feature called Add "secondary" controller (Configuration -> Z-Wave network) could help, but you will no longer be able to include devices through secondary controller.

I used it with Fibaro and Fakro controller to get Fakro devices into Fibaro. But in my HCL, i had with me, it deleted all devices when i add HCL as secondary to Fakro.

Don't do it. Adding a static controller (eg SmartThings hub) to an existing network (eg your existing HC with included devices) never does what people expect. It is full of specific issues that won't make you happy. ST mentions battery devices but also mains operated ones don't always play nice, eg you can set lifeline only to one controller and the other has to "sniff" for state changes. Settings might get out of sync...

@jakub.jezek already mentioned one pitfall. The other one is that ST becomes inclusion controller. As soon as you remove ST from your HC, because you'll probably agree with me after testing that it does not work well, your HC can no longer include devices... You'll have to restore an old backup or contact support to fix that.