Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smoke Sensor - Battery Drain

jonare77

Question

Hello Everyone

My batteries are draining very fast on my Fibaro smoke sensors. Im running it with HA and a Aeotec ZW090 Z-Stick Gen5 EU.

The values on my sensors are:

Please login or register to see this code.

There are som distance between the Z-wave stick and the sensor. Could this be the problem ?

Everything else are working as expected.

Regards

Jon

Edited by jonare77

6 answers to this question

HI,

Have you found a solution?

I have bought around 15 smoke sensor and I have to say that the batterie lifetime is a disaster.. not even one year.. 

Guest dobsovicj

The information above is an information of Z-wave controller, not of senzor...

Do you have a FIBARO Smoke senzors? If you have a correct settings, batteries last  there about 2 years.

Guest Eriond

I have a smoke sensor in my cabin. It's used for temperature readings only (for now at least), due to the ridiculous battery drainage. Since it was installed last summer, I had to change batteries three times! (that is, in apx 15 months period)

And just to be sure, I have used high-quality batteries (Philips and Varta). Temperature reports are set to be sent once every 4 hours (P20 = 14400s), and P21 is set to 1deg C.

The only thing I can think about that would cause this, is low operating temperatures. Between visits, the cabin is completely shut down as far as heating goes. Meaning it has long periods with low temperatures, sometimes as low as -30deg C.

If Fibaro have any official statement on operating devices such as the smoke detector below ordinary room temperature, I'd be happy to hear it :)

Edited by Eriond
spelling

Never had it working longer than 6 month on 1 battery.

The battery drain + the false alarms you will get sooner or later will lead you to remove them.

I honestly suggest returning them for a refund as long as you can get money back.