Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wall Plugs occasionally switch off , just after having been switched on. Some of them end up as dead nodes.

Fiberik

Question

I have a living area where lights (5 Fibaro wall plugs) are turned on when motion is detected and stays on as long as motion is registered (4 Fibaro motion sensors).

Three of these Fibaro wall plugs are causing problems: 

1. Occasionally when I enter the room one or several of the wall plugs switches the lights on very shortly, like a second, and then turn off.
  2. At least two of the same three wall plugs occasionally also loose connection to the Home Center 2 and end up as dead nodes. I noticed once that a plug still reported power. Sometimes I am able to reconnect by pulling the wall plugs out and putting them back in again in the power socket. 

The wall plugs are in the same room or close to the Home center 2. 

I use Fibaro wall plugs on the TV-set, computer equipment/desk and a couple of other lights, but have never experienced the same with these wall plugs.

Any idea of what is causing these problems? Are they defect? 

PS. I do not know now if it is related, probably not, but Home Center 2 occasionally do not turn off any of my wall plugs after sleeptime/safe period has ended.

Edited by Fiberik
Adding to headline

1 answer to this question

Guest tarentula

Fiberik, 

I have recently bought 5 wall plugs, and sometimes I experience this exact behavior on the new plugs, never on the old ones.