Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer 2 all of a sudden pulses and wont turn off

sarf77

Question

Since a few days back, one of my dimmer 2 has started acting up. The configuration is like this and its been working flawlessly for months.

4 x 9w LED fixed colour downlights

1 x momentary Pushbutton with LED indicator for S1

1 x momentary Pushbutton no LED for virtual two way in S2 to another dimmer

Ive swapped out the dimmer. Same problem. Pulsing and wont turn off via app or local PB

I've swapped out the mech, same problem . Pulsing and wont turn off via app or local PB

Ive disconnected the mech and shorted Sx to S1 and it works perfect.

I've disconnected the LED indicator only in the mech. Same problem. Pulsing and wont turn off via app or local PB

Use these Schneider/Clipsal mechs everywhere and they are great normally but funny enough this week Ive had two latching PBs of theirs fail unrelated to automation. 

It's got me beat. Is it possible something has changed in parameter setups within an upgrade to cause this. Funnily its the only one in the house acting up.

For now I have the mech disconnected and using it via voice and app.

6 answers to this question

@sarf77 i am trying to understand what is happening, what are these schneider mechs??

so the same dimmer without s1 and s2 connected is working as it should?

and with only s1 connected?

can this dimmer be controlled with another dimmer (s2) or another zwave device?

there is an option for the dimmer: not respond to any alarm frames, please check of this option is off, it can be a alarm frame.

• Inquirer
  • On 12/16/2018 at 9:35 PM, akatar said:

@sarf77 i am trying to understand what is happening, what are these schneider mechs??

so the same dimmer without s1 and s2 connected is working as it should?

and with only s1 connected?

can this dimmer be controlled with another dimmer (s2) or another zwave device?

there is an option for the dimmer: not respond to any alarm frames, please check of this option is off, it can be a alarm frame.

That's a good point. I have not checked alarm frame responses although a brand new dimmer should be defaulted. 

This dimmer is two way wired I remembered last night so Im thinking ill swap out the other mech today and see what happens. Brain fade on that one. 

I think you need a dimmer bypass module

This is classic of when the electrical load is very little for instance when powering led lights. 

I hope that helps

• Inquirer
  • On 3/20/2019 at 10:02 PM, KrisAU said:

hi sarf777 did you solve this issue??

I have the same problem

No I haven’t sorry Kris. I put it on the back burner but will try to resolve it shortly. 

9 hours ago, ianakapilotlight said:

I think you need a dimmer bypass module

This is classic of when the electrical load is very little for instance when powering led lights. 

I hope that helps

No They worked for months no problem. Also they work fine from the app so no load issue.