Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Homekit Wallplug not pairing

kboretti

Question

Hello, 

I recently bought a wall plug with BT and wifi for my HomeKit system. Im having problems connecting ut to the wifi. 

When I choose add accessory in the HomeKit app and scan the HomeKit barcode. The plug comes up and I select it. It then prompts me to "add accessory to network" I press allow but from here the process stops. It says connecting for a long time and then eventually says can't add accessory. The glowing ring flashes yellow the entire time.

My wifi router is a Unify Accesspoint from Ubiquti. What am I doing wrong? 

6 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • My access points provide both 5 and 2.4 ghz I have other 2.4 ghz devices connected without problems. My plug won’t even identify from the Fibaro app and I believe that happens over BT

No BT is just for to discover your plug when adding.

Not all routers can handle every device and stear to right 5 or 2.4Ghz band even when some devices works fine.

Try to reset Wall Plug and before adding to Homekit got to your phone settings and add it first to Wifi then you can try to add it to HomeKit.

@kboretti, please check if your network is N type network and if possible update your Wi-Fi AP /Wi-Fi router firmware. Recently customer had such problem and router update solved the thing.

• Inquirer
  • I have now tried with two different routers. The Ubiquiti AC HD and the airport extreme. Both are updated to latest firmware. Im beginning to think this plug is faulty.