Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

[Solved]Dimmer 2 S2 Function with double switch problem..

Alex Rob

Question

Hello, 

i tried several hours yesterday to find a soulution but careless what i do i could not find right parameters settings, they did not made any difference on behavior of dimming a light with S2 scene activation. 

I installed a double switch with one Fibaro Dimmer 2 and one in the ceiling I activated associations and scenes for it.

when i push the switch for dimming the led light A it’s going really fast and b it’s not possible to use it probably for dimm this light source.

level of light is jumping. When u dim to max it’s kind of jumping back on 40% then going to max light. 

I use the S2 function nearly in the whole house and from 8 of 3 places it works, don’t know why. 

After i switched the positions of dimmer and the light I like to dim on S2 did I moved to S1 then everything is working fine.

did someone experience the same issue? 

Any suggestions?

Edited by Alex Rob

8 answers to this question

@Alex Rob So I understand correctly.

So your using your second dimmer 2 for on, off and dim control (by association) of the first dimmer 2 (in ceiling) and

your also using scene activation in the second dimmer 2 to start a scene?

• Inquirer
  • I’m using the first dimmer behind a double switch. I use the second switch to control my second Fibaro dimmer in the ceiling.

i got scene activation activated and associated directly to the second dimmer in the right group.

the issue is when I’m using the switch to for dim up or down the lights a dimming really fast and jumping to a specific light level and going on by dimming, I can not adjust the speed of dimming or getting the problem solved.

i did not connected buypass on my led lights I got the same issue on all Fibaro dimmer 2 who is controlled by the first a first dimmer. 

• Inquirer

2 hours ago, Alex Rob said:

I’m using the first dimmer behind a double switch. I use the second switch to control my second Fibaro dimmer in the ceiling.

i got scene activation activated and associated directly to the second dimmer in the right group.

the issue is when I’m using the switch to for dim up or down the lights a dimming really fast and jumping to a specific light level and going on by dimming, I can not adjust the speed of dimming or getting the problem solved.

i did not connected buypass on my led lights I got the same issue on all Fibaro dimmer 2 who is controlled by the first a first dimmer. 

Scene actvation and association are totally different functions, you dont need scene activation to associate the 2 dimmers.

Have you tried deleting the associations and grouping the downstairs dimmer 2 in the ceilings dimmer 2 configuration grouping section.

Edited by Jamie mccrostie

• Inquirer
  • Hello, thanks for your help and fast reply I just adjust the changes on parameter 28 and the issue is gone now.

do not know why I concluded to need the scene activation but I see it was a major failure.