Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Z wave monitor to prevent freeze

cag014

Question

Hi all,

I see that some users have downloaded

Please login or register to see this link.

script and I think it could be a good idea to share our data and know-how to optimize our Z-wave performance.

In my case I have manage to reduce Z-wave traffic from average of event per 1.7 sec. to 4.8 sec (24 hours monitoring, 78 physical devices, 382 IDs), but I don't know if this is a good number. It will be interesting if anyone could share  an average of his system. That way we can compare and might be to achieve the right number and stable performance which may be could prevent Z-wave freeze in the future.

I think average of Z-wave traffic somehow depends on number of the devices in the system and again I believe we need team work to find correct formula for that.

Few users have shared with me that they have found devices, which "bombarding" the traffic with unnecessary reports and they fixed the issue.

It could be very helpful to all of us to share our solutions and fixes...  we all can learn from others

If you think it could violate your privacy,   please ignore this message...

Thank you

70 physical devices on HC2 with the following being reported:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2023_02/image.png.2caf3180d0e4226a707b036014637524.png" />

I noticed @cag014 mentioned elsewhere that RPT should be less than 10%. One of my FGS22 switches (Device ID 182-184) have generated too many RPT during the monitoring period in question and I'm trying to figure out why as part of my quest to resolve my daily 503 errors.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I'll appreciate feedback from others that have managed to solve their 503 errors. Thank you.

Edited by nicopret