Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

wiring diagram for roller shutter 2

pzapps

Question

Hello,

I have a 3-state switch (up, down and stop) which i was going to start wiring to the roller shutter 2 module following the diagram in the installation guide. However when i have pulled off the switch from the wall i have noticed that there is an extra live wire going into the switch (see attached image) marked with an "r" symbol and i cannot find any information about it. Any idea what is this wire for? How should i wire it to the module?

Many thanks

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2018_12/image.png.75c78d99a579aa8d2cbfc5e810297796.png" alt="image.png.75c78d99a579aa8d2cbfc5e810297796.png" />

6 answers to this question

You can use the diagram in the installation guide. De 2 wires marked with the "r" symbol must be stay connected with each other. 

• Inquirer
  • Hi Reinhold,

I dont know much about electrical wiring so sorry for the perhaps stupid question, but what do you mean by saying that the 2 live wires must stay together?

Accordingly to the installation diagram i should take the live wire going to the switch and branch it to the module too. I dont know what to do with the 2nd wire, or which one to pick.

Thanks a lot for your time

The 2 brown wires must stay together. I don't know if you want to use the switch again, i draw it in the schematic below. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • And the brown that goes to the module can be forked from any of the brown that goes into the switch?

Yes, i want to keep the switch.

Thanks a lot for the detailed diagram.

5 minutes ago, pzapps said:

And the brown that goes to the module can be forked from any of the brown that goes into the switch?

Yes that's right. I don't know if you have conectors if in the picture below. 

Edited by Reinhold

• Inquirer
  • Ok, thanks for the information!

I have some 3-hole connectors but i also need some with 4 holes, so i will try it out next weekend. Unfortunately everything closed today and tomorrow :)

Once again, many thanks for your time.