Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Variables panel field size

konbaasiang

Hello,

Although I'm a programmer by profession, I'm new to Fibaro HC2 and LUA scripting, so I'm still learning as I go. But, here are a couple of things that seems obvious to me, so I'm going to request them.

Would you please consider making the "value" field on the variables panel as wide as the cell, rather than being limited to a pinky-nail size field in the middle? :)

Also, it would be wonderful to have a Save button for each variable, because pressing the Save icon will overwrite all variables, not just one you intended to change, if one has changed in the background since you loaded the page.

Global variables are not my favorite way of managing things (i normally avoid them like the plague in my code) but in HC2 it seems they are a fundamental part that cannot be avoided, so I'm trying to make the best of it.

Thank you in advance! Who knew home automation was this much fun :).

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Edited by M.Andrzejewska

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• 2 weeks later...

@10der

how should I use the code? I also want the value field to be larger but I don't know how to use the code or where to put it.

I try this code in lua but I get a message

[DEBUG] 22:17:37: 2019-07-29 22: 17: 37.014947 [fatal] Unknown exception: /opt/fibaro/scenes/162.lua:8: unexpected symbol near '$' What am I doing wrong? I would like the

fields in the variables panels to be larger.

Edited by Reinhold

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

sorry, but i can't get it working. can anyone put een example how and where i should put this code?

Please login or register to see this code.