Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller Shutter 3 calibration and working issues

cyrilphoenix

Question

Hello,

I'm starting to use fibaro modules with my first FGR-223 Rolling Shutter 3 and I've some problems.

- Zwave integration in Jeedom OpenZ-wave plugin is OK, I can reed or set all parameters/values

- Calibration is done, by setting 150 to force calibration, move up, down, up, calibration success and value come in parameters 156 and 157

- Full opening/closing working by physical button and zwave command

- Electrical configuration is Toggle switch

- Zwave stop command is working

but 

- Position always return 0 or 99, never 50 for example

- Zwave commande class 38 with "type=setvalue&value=50" to open shutter at 50% not working, it goes always to full opening or closing

- Physical button neutral position don't stop the shutter

> all is like calibration is not good 

Can you help me ?

Dear users,

I also be confronted to a level position problem like described on my post : 

It's same than yours my problem ?

I am having the same issue. Install and calibration seen to work fine but I am unable use any position but 0 or 99. I am using this device with the HC2.

@lharmon the topic starter does not use a HC2 so he will have a totally different view and different issues...

But I don't mind.

We have to start somewhere..Check parameter 150

0 – roller blind (without positioning)

1 – roller blind (with positioning)
2 – Venetian blind (with positioning)

3 – gate (without positioning)

4 – gate (with positioning)
5 – roller blind with built-in driver
6 – roller blind with built-in driver (impulse)

Also check 

156. Time of up movement

157. Time of down movement

Be careful, time is multiples of 0.01 so 600  means 6 seconds.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for your response so :

- parameter 150 is in the good value (roller with positionning)

- parameter 156 and 157 have correct value with your conversion and theses values was set automaticly by calibration 

calibration is write as done but I can't move my shutter directly to 44% for example and the feedback return always 0 or 99

to finish, release my physical toggle button don't stop the shutter

9 minutes ago, cyrilphoenix said:

All same :(

Thank's for trying.

I'll do my best to help you but I'll tell you upfront... This is the first time I'm trying to help someone with new FGR-223 - so it is also quite new to me. I do know the module quite well but I have not done any remote diagnosis yet, so please bear with me... :unsure:

I'm going to think out loud to see if I have missed something.

• You run calibration. I expect it to have worked. You do not say you saw it do up, down, and up again but the parameters make sense so that should have worked.
    • The switch cannot be the problem, it is not connected anymore.
    • It does appear to go in the right direction, or is it reversed? You do not mention that
    • There was an issue with templates... I think you might need to update to 4.530 then do "soft reconfigure" of that module.

Let's pick something.

Right... Are you running HC FW 4.530?

• Inquirer
  • Don't worry I appreciate your help ;)

So calibration run good up, down, up and parameter 150 goes after that to is calibrated 

I have value in 156 and 157 like 2600 so 26s is right

I don't now exactly which wire of motor is up or down so with my connection I change the parameter for inverse the output

Now switch is disconnected 

For firmware update I can't to it because my domotic system is not HC is Jeedom

2 minutes ago, cyrilphoenix said:

because my domotic system is not HC is Jeedom

Ah, sorry, got confused by post of @Funmsa

Controller might have a problem with up/down meaning and what 0 - 99 on the slider means.

3 minutes ago, cyrilphoenix said:

I don't now exactly which wire of motor is up or down so with my connection I change the parameter for inverse the output

That is one of the nice features of the FGR-223 compared to the older model, you can swap both outputs and inputs to mean the right thing.

One last try for remote operation: try mode "5 – roller blind with built-in driver" - it uses timer mode exclusively (no load == no end switch detection). No calibration, just changing that mode.

If that does not work, let's try to get the switch(es) working then. Question: 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, cyrilphoenix said:

Physical button neutral position don't stop the shutter

So it has 3 positions, does it have a spring to return to the middle position. Does "up" really move "up" and "down" moves downward? I assume everything is OK because you say you have selected toggle switches (p 20: 1 – toggle switches).

Is it possible that the "middle" connection of that switch is actually connected to S1 or S2, so one of the connections got swapped? Can you check with a multimeter?

- Position always return 0 or 99, never 50 for example

Use physical switch to set the blind to 20%, 50% and 70%. Each time check what status the gateway reports.

Is it either:

- 20%, 50%, 70%

- you cannot set the percentage manually and the blind works only in two modes: full up and full down (reports are 0x00 or 0xFF)

- the blind stops after manual set (or after command ZWave Stop) and reports 0xFE (position unknown)

- Zwave commande class 38 with "type=setvalue&value=50" to open shutter at 50% not working, it goes always to full opening or closing

Is it possible for you to send us logs from your gateway? We are wondering what Z-Wave frame is being sent in the Jeedom.

- Physical button neutral position don't stop the shutter

What's the value in parameter 20?

What buttons you use to control the modules? Is it mono-stable? Bi-stable? Even a photograph would be helpful.

How can the blind be stopped when it's moving? Does hitting Up/Down button stop the blind?

On 1/10/2019 at 6:17 PM, lharmon said:

I am using this device with the HC2.

Same as the above. Use physical switch to set the blind to 20%, 50% and 70%. Each time check what status the gateway reports.

Is it either:

- 20%, 50%, 70%

- you cannot set the percentage manually and the blind works only in two modes: full up and full down (reports are 0x00 or 0xFF)

- the blind stops after manual set (or after command ZWave Stop) and reports 0xFE (position unknown)

Is it possible for you to send us logs from your gateway? We are wondering what Z-Wave frame is being sent.

The gateway immediately showed either fully open or fully closed depending on the start position regardless of where the blind was stopped. I ordered a second unit thinking I had a defective module. It did the exact same thing. I have since sent both of them back to the retailer and moved on to the qubino device. 

Hi there,

i'm using the RaZberry Module for z-wave with the z-wave.me software.

I'm already sucessfully using two device of type "roller shutter 2" but with the new roller shutter 3 device I'm expecting same issues with the positioning of the roller bind.

Full Open and close are working but if a position is selected, the roller bind is not going to that one, its always opening or closing full.

Edited by TheRebel

Sorry for jumping on this thread, but I am experiencing the same problem and already tested a few things related to my controller software (fhem). There is a long thread in the fhem forum:

https://forum.fhem.de/index.php/topic,96848.0.html

unfortunately in German.

But I will copy a typical log file excerpt including the explanations here:

Before: Blinds are open; Readings: state/reported/state: off; swmStatus: 0

Commands: close and after 50% stop

Afterwards: Blinds are halfway down, Readings: state/reported state: dim 99; swmStatus: 99

Please login or register to see this code.

"SZ_Rollade_Fenster" is the name of the blind, the id is 06.

I hope this log file will help you to understand our problem.

Best regards,
    Malte

I should be able to decode that, but it takes some time.

I did the first command and there is a surprise:

13 = ZW_SendData

06 = destination node ID

03 = data length in bytes

26 = COMMAND_CLASS_SWITCH_MULTILEVEL

01 = SWITCH_MULTILEVEL_SET

FF = Set level to 255

25 = txOptions (not important here)

C3 = function callback ID (not important here)

So your controller sets the "level" of the shutter to 255 and this has a special meaning: return to the last level.

It is a valid level but you don't get to see what level that is. Probably the next lines of log give a clue but I am working on a project so I cannot decode them right now.

Other valid levels  would be 0 to 99 (not 100).

I wonder if the line above this one gives a hint

What does "on" mean? That is a bit ambiguous in some cases but on a HC2 this means "255" and folows Z-Wave spec. Which in case of a dimmer (and shutter uses same setting) means "return to previous on level".

Maybe on your controller "on" means something else, but it matches the "255" on the next line.

I would expect your hex code to have  32 (= decimal 50) instead of FF  if you set your shutter to 50.  Or 0 or  64 (= decimal 99)

About 9 seconds later I see:

So here the target level is "05" which would mean almost closed or almost open,  and still not 50%

Does this make any sense?

In this log file I did use a command to close the blinds completely (which is equivalent to "on") and is therefore send as 255. That sounds ok to me

The second command "stop" (at 07:38:16.730) stops the current movement of the blinds. This works as expected.

What goes wrong in this example is the state that is reported afterwards. As the blinds are halfway down I would expect something like 50, but we receive 99.

I have another log file where I use the commadn "dim 50" to close the blinds by 50%:

But also here the blinds closes completely and afterwards the readings show state=99.

Best regards
    Malte

I've had a quick look at your second log and it looks clearer to me than the first one, I can see the writing of the level 50 to the device and I guess it reports 0x63 at the end which is definitely not 50 %.

I'll see if I can make a test setup with an FGS-223 (and a light bulb) to do some serious "sniffing".

BTW I do believe that this might be a device firmware bug. When I tested this module I was unable to reproduce this kind of issue. But it has been reported by other users.

And thanks for the log files!

@mvscheven forgot to tell... Can you please send a request to the official helpdesk: [email protected] - you'll get a case number and your information should reach them faster than via this forum. You can point them to this topic.

Answer of the FIbaro Support:

We’re aware of this issue and we’ve already forwarded it to our engineers, who are currently working on resolving it as soon as possible. I’m very sorry for the inconvenience it caused but I have to ask you for a little more patience.

I will keep you updated.

• Thanks 1