Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Parameter 40 - How is this triggered?

Borgstrand

Question

So in the setting under Parameter 40 I have it set to "3 - flash after receiving the alarm frame".

But how is this triggered?

I did assume that "General Alarm" would be the same as a motion or door sensor being triggered. But apparently not as nothing happens when I test to breach an armed sensor.

So how do I trigger this so that the switch start to "flash".

I assume that this "flashing" is done in the device itself and not through receiving on/off commends from the HC2? Using the "emergency light" in Fibaro Alarm quickly becomes useless if you want 3-4 (or more) devices to flash in case of a breached alarm as it overloads the HC2/ZWave network with on/off commands and the HC2 becomes slow in responses.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Borgstrand said:

So in the setting under Parameter 40 I have it set to "3 - flash after receiving the alarm frame".

But how is this triggered?

Excellent question!

Alarm Frames are not generated by your HC. Some devices can generate them. Note the specific wording: "Alarm Frames" - nothing to do with "alarms" on your HomeCenter (or other controller for that matter).

For example, Fibaro Universal Binary Sensor:

If you want the first input to send an alarm frame then you have to set P 5 to 0 (notice the word "generic):

Parameter No. 5

Type of transmitted control frame for association group 1, activated via input IN1. The parameter allows to specify the type of alarm frame or to force transmission of control commands (BASIC_SET) Default value: 255 – BASIC SET

Possible parameter settings:
0 – Frame ALARM GENERIC
1 – Frame ALARM SMOKE

(...)

And if you want all devices in direct reach to pick up that alarm frame set P 13 to 1 or 3:

Parameter No. 13

Transmitting the alarm or control frame in “broadcast” mode (i.e. to all devices within range), information sent in this mode is not repeated by the mesh network.
Default value: 0

Possible parameter settings:
0 – IN1 and IN2 Broadcast inactive
1 – IN1 broadcast mode active, Sensor 2 broadcast mode inactive

2 – IN1 broadcast mode inactive, Sensor 2 broadcast mode active 3 – INI and IN2 broadcast mode active

Does this help?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Excellent answer :-)

And what devices are capable of sending these types of "alarm frames"?

Only have Fibaro motion and door sensors that would be appropriate to use for this, and they don't seams to be able to do this?