Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Motion Sensor or.. what else?

Mosskit

Question

Hello,

I am making anoter investigation before firing an order. I would like to set up an alarm in my appartment and equip some rooms like: bathroom, restroom, wardrobe with additional sensors for building auto on/off light control. All sensors to work inside so no requirements for additional IP box etc.

I wonder what are your experience with Fibaro motion senors? How long is battery life assuming  biggest emphasis on PIR sensor (for quick and reliable alarm triggering) like on a main door? Are there other nice looking z-wave PIR sensors with AC or DC power supply?

In some senarios I might be able to connect some cabling and to be honest this is the way I would like to set up my alarm so there is a continious power AND battery connection in case of main power sabotage. I have seen aeotec multisensor 6 which seems to be possible to supply with DC power: 

Please login or register to see this link.

- any comparison with fibaro? 

Thanks
Maciej

4 answers to this question

I have Fibaro, Vision Security, Aeon Lab and NEO COOLCAM motion sensors.

All sensors are OK and have almost the same battery life . As far as I know only Aeon LAB sensors have external power connection.

The different between all sensors is what they can measure beside motion. The most equipped sensors are Aeon LAB  as they measure motion, lux, temperature, humidity and GEN-6 ultra violet level.

The chipper version is NEO COOLCAM and they look exactly as Fibaro Sensors, but they provide motion and lux only.

Based on my experience NEO COOLCAM sensors have a little bit longer battery life. But it depends how often they are triggered and how far they are from the controller.

To make story short, I don't think you'll be disappointed with any sensor.

Edited by cag014

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @cag014 Seems that the only one with power supply is the Aeon. Have you tested humidity sensor in Aeon? I was thinking of a scene to increase the heating level and ventilation level in my bathroom during shower but heard that It barely reacts on humidity changes. Can you confirm that?

Edited by AnonymousJohn

I am using AEON LAB  sensors exactly for this purpose. To keep my two bathrooms warm and clean from mold/fungus.

I can confirm that the sensors works fine and they are sensitive to every small change in humidity level.

By the way a year ago we had interesting conversation on how it should be implemented...you may get some ideas from that.