Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

New Fibaro products

Sjekke

Looking great, but i'm missing classic momentary switch, fo cases like long hall and stairs. Not everybody has Live & Neutral in all installation boxes.

Or maybe. Anybody knows if those are standart switches?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Another info here:

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by jakub.jezek
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. Nice to see they have specs for non-resistive loads now.

Walli Outlet typ E (FGWOE-011) = model with earth pin:

16A – resistive loads
16A – incandescent loads
16A – inductive general purpose (cosφ = 0.75-0.8)
4A – pilot duty (cosφ < 0.35)
4A – motor
4A – electronic ballasts

8 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

Nice to see they have specs for non-resistive loads now.

Most interesting would be max. inrushcurrent info.

What do you thing about B-button position inside outlet?

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

yes it is, as you need one on these, for dimmer/switch is the keypad itself S1.

1 minute ago, tinman said:

yes it is, as you need one on these, for dimmer/switch is the keypad itself S1.

I know, but i was asking what do you (meaning everybody) thinks about its possition inside outlet.

I would probably used different place somewhere next to LED ring, to keep hands safe.

3 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I would probably used different place somewhere next to LED ring, to keep hands safe.

No strong opinion on that. AFAIK the EU (and UK variants if they make one) have mandatory shutters over the contacts. People just love that child protection. When something is plugged in, that plug shields the tiny button from dust (and water if you like to splash water around :)).

5 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

AFAIK the EU (and UK variants if they make one) have mandatory shutters over the contacts.

Yes, that is true.

5 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

When something is plugged in, that plug shields the tiny button from dust (and water if you like to splash water around :)).

Yes, i know that. But not everybody likes to stick fingers inside outlet, even if they have child protection inside, me included. Even if it has child protection, then i'm not comfortable enough to stickfinger there without proper grounding or cuircuit breaker turned off.

32 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Even if it has child protection, then i'm not comfortable enough to stickfinger there without proper grounding or cuircuit breaker turned off.

Very valid argument.

The psychology of things is important, and feeling "safe" to do something is very important.

I did not see it that way and that is because I live in my own bubble :D

A little background: I am an EE specialized in power electronics and power distribution. I am kind of equivalent to what some people describe as "an industrial electrician". Being that means I am certified to work on high energy circuits without disconnecting the circuit breaker, but of course taking necessary safety measures. I don't do that kind of job but let me give you an example.If someone has to replace your mains circuit breaker, they cannot simply shut off the power to a complete block of houses. This means, in cities in Flanders (highly meshed grid, short distances), causing a short circuit will cause a large energy dump, peak currents up to 10 000 Amps and fuses that are less likely to burn than your screwdriver. That is not a joke. If you short mains at the entry of your house, part of the wire and screwdriver will vaporize and the metal vapor will burn your face. So you don't do that and wear proper protection.

I realize this story probably does not sound too reassuring about the position of that little button.

You know what is a tiny bit more scary though? Some modules of competing products have a tiny connector for a temp probe. Those pins are live. If you press your thumb on it, you'll get zapped.

9 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

A little background: I am an EE specialized in power electronics and power distribution. I am kind of equivalent to what some people describe as "an industrial electrician". Being that means I am certified to work on high energy circuits without disconnecting the circuit breaker, but of course taking necessary safety measures. I don't do that kind of job but let me give you an example.If someone has to replace your mains circuit breaker, they cannot simply shut off the power to a complete block of houses. This means, in cities in Flanders (highly meshed grid, short distances), causing a short circuit will cause a large energy dump, peak currents up to 10 000 Amps and fuses that are less likely to burn than your screwdriver. That is not a joke. If you short mains at the entry of your house, part of the wire and screwdriver will vaporize and the metal vapor will burn your face. So you don't do that and wear proper protection.

Nice background. I wiil do "Electrial exams" probably in Q2, but only for House installations. Generally i will be on level of guy, that is doing Switches and Wall plugs in homes. I will not mess with house entry breakers as my job do not need that stuff.

12 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

I realize this story probably does not sound too reassuring about the position of that little button.

No, it does not.

12 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

You know what is a tiny bit more scary though? Some modules of competing products have a tiny connector for a temp probe. Those pins are live. If you press your thumb on it, you'll get zapped.

Well, that is one of reasons, why we do not sell Qubino stuff. Nice  small modules, but one does not enjoy being zapped. And Aeon is "too Chineise" (no offence to Chinese here) for my boss to sell.

40 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

I wiil do "Electrial exams" probably in Q2, but only for House installations.

Good Luck. I'm sure you'll get certified. Though It's a lot of stuff to memorize I suppose. Where in the bathroom are you allowed to use sockets, for instance...

42 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:
1 hour ago, petergebruers said:

No, it does not.

When Fibaro publishes full specs, we'll see if they list IP ratings. They'll have tested that, by "prodding a metal finger" everywhere and that will provide proof it is safe. They'll also zap Live and Neutral with high voltage to ensure no arcing takes place.

A bit more reassuring?

• 1 month later...

The topic has been moved from "

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".