Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Adding RS3 without S1 connectivity?

Calf

Question

Hello,

i am adding a roller shutter 3 that is directly connected to the shutter without any switch I.e. the only way to control the RSe will be through z-wave. How do I need to associate it to my home center light? Normally I’m supposed to send 3 pulse on S1 but this is not possible here. Thanks,

12 answers to this question

If you take a close look at the module, there is a recessed button on one of the corners. This is commonly referred to as th "B" button. Pushing it 3 times quickly should do the trick.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Lharmon, I'll give it a try. I had tried to do a long-push on it (5 seconds or so), so it started blinking but it didn't work. But I indeed didn't try the 3 pushes. 

• Inquirer
  • @lharmon

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't work.

@petergebruers

Yes, I've checked the manual. It suggests

Please login or register to see this link.

:

1) Manually

This is the setup that requires to have a switch on S1, which is exactly the setup I do NOT have, as explained in my post. It would be hard for me to setup a switch on that S1 that would leverage the same phase, there must be a better way.

2) Using Smart Start

This solution seems elegant but falls short of a proper explanation. I need to set the controller in S2 security mode and then scan the DSK QR. I have the QR obviously, but I'm unclear as to where I should be inputting that data. I've bought the Home Center Lite, but it makes

about how to add devices using "Smart Start" .

Given this, I'm back to square one: given I don't have a switch wired on S1, how can I add RS3 to my Home Center Lite?

Thanks for your guidance.

I hate to say it, but you seem to have missed this line while reading:

"In case of problems with adding using the S1 switch, use B-button instead (located on the housing)."

That line is right below the first explanation. (The section "To add the device to the Z-Wave network manually:)

The pictures show where that little button is.

8 hours ago, Calf said:

1) Manually

This is the setup that requires to have a switch on S1, which is exactly the setup I do NOT have, as explained in my post. It would be hard for me to setup a switch on that S1 that would leverage the same phase, there must be a better way.

I have same setup as you have in our showroom without S1 connected. Basically just use B-button.

8 hours ago, Calf said:

2) Using Smart Start

This solution seems elegant but falls short of a proper explanation. I need to set the controller in S2 security mode and then scan the DSK QR. I have the QR obviously, but I'm unclear as to where I should be inputting that data. I've bought the Home Center Lite, but it makes

about how to add devices using "Smart Start" .

Available in newest Z-Wave SDK 6.81, which HC does not use, hence it cannot use Smart Start. With SDK 6.81 (maybe even SDK 6.71) it is recomended and since SDK 7 (Z-Wave 700) it needs to be implemented to pass certification process. Fibaro HC has Z-Wave 300, so it uses SDK 3.67.

• Inquirer
  • Thank you all for the detailed responses. I failed a pretty basic test here: i) I didn't read the documentation properly and ii) instead of just pressing 3 times on the B button, I had previously set the device in "menu" mode by doing a long click before.

OK, so now I was able to add the device. Any idea why not one but two "devices" show up in the UI once I do that?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_01/image.png.1f2b15437994a4a30366aabf77fb2a53.png" alt="image.png.1f2b15437994a4a30366aabf77fb2a53.png" />

If there is documentation on that, I failed to see it.

Thanks

answering to myself... is 4.0.1 the "S1/S2" signal part of the RS3 and the 4.1 the actual RS command itself? i.e. two "functions" for the same device?

44 minutes ago, Calf said:

OK, so now I was able to add the device. Any idea why not one but two "devices" show up in the UI once I do that?

Device 4.0.1 is a scene controller, for some more automatization. Same as Fibaro keyfob. Example: if you press "Up button" connected to S1, then you can turn off lights by scene.

Device 4.1 is Blind control.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Jakub, makes sense. Do you know where there is a documentation/training somewhere that explains those concepts (and much more)? I come from the KNX world and there is quite a bit of knowledge for my to catch up on! thanks.

@AutoFrank made several introductory posts + scenes + VDs

And then there is also the "knowledge base"

1 hour ago, Calf said:

Do you know where there is a documentation/training somewhere that explains those concepts (and much more)?

Well, i explain it during Fibaro trainings.

Article about scene controller:

In manual to RS3 you can see, what presses you can use and how to enable "send scenes".It's on page 20/34:

Edited by jakub.jezek