Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Double Switch 2 with momentary switch, S1 and S2 operation

Jim66

Question

I have some double switch 2’s connected with momentary switches, when I press the switch relevant switch S1 or S2 and hold the switch in for any more length of time than just a quick tap the light connected to the device will switch off as soon as I release the switch.
I have parameter 20 set to momentary switch.

I have a smartthings hub and can control modules OK with app. Issue is only when using the local switches.

Anyone know if I can adjust any parameters to change this behaviour?

3 answers to this question

This is a me-too post. I have this exact same issue and can't see a parameter to fix this. I really feel like this is a fault in the device's firmware. I don't know what firmware version my switch is and I'm not sure how to tell.

Is there anyone from Fibaro who can comment on this?

By pressing and holding the momentary switch, you are making a 'long press'.  This is a different event from a normal press, so the light may respond differently.  In my house I have two configurations:

1) With a direct connection from the FGS-223 to the light, a short press turns the light on and a long press turns the light on (when pressed) and has no effect (when released).  Parameter 20 is set to 0.

2) With the FGS-223 connected to the light via a relay switch, a short press turns the light on and a long press turns the light on (when pressed) and off (when released).  Parameter 20 is set to 2.

I believe this is correct behaviour.