Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGR-223 (Roller Shutter 3) Parameter 20 (momentary or toggle switch)

Juergen

Question

Hi all,

setting parameter 20 on the FGR-223 to 1 does not seem to have any effect. I use the device with toggle switches. Even with parameter 20 set to 1 movement does not stop when the switch is put back to neutral position but only when any switch is toggled again. In fact the device behaves identical with parameter 20 set to 1 or 0. Setting parameter 20 to 2 on the other hand shows the expected behaviour for a single momentary switch.

Did anybody manage to get the FGR-223 work correctly with toggle switches? 

Thanks

Jürgen

12 answers to this question

You can fix that go in to your device and click on the remote sorry for my answer I can’t talk English 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I use two momentary switches and consequently have set parameter 20 to 0, but that setup does not work correctly either.

The shutter does always go down with S2 and it always goes up with S1, as desired, but stopping at an intermediate position (according to manual, ANY click should stop) only sometimes works. Same for continuing in the same direction after stopping. Sometimes a second click is required, sometimes only long presses have an effect. It is completely erratic as far as I can tell.

Note that I have not even tried to configure any associations or changed other parameters, yet. Calibration was done successfully but needed two attempts (in  first attempt, it started from intermediate position, went all the way down, then all the way up again and stopped there - resulting in a wrong value for the shorter way down). Going directly to an intermediate position via z-wave command does not work for me either (see  other threads here in this forum).

Edit:

It's even worse than I originally thought: The FGR-223 forgets the setting of parameter 20 every time I exclude/include it. As my current goal is to only "pair" the FGR-223 with a standalone (nod on octan) remote control, it becomes completely useless because, of course, there is no way to set parameter 20 just with the remote control. And to set it from a temporary network, then exclude it and include it into the remote's network, is no solution either, because the parameter gets reset during the process.

2nd edit:

I now exchanged the Fibaro 3 with a Qubino, and that works fine with both the switches and that standalone remote.

However, it also did not work right from the start: I had to adjust (i.e. increase) a parameter that sets a delay between the start of the motor and the measurement of the power (i.e. the detection of the limit switches). Apparently, my shutter has some kind of electronic soft turn-on for the motor which causes a delay, and without the adjustment, the module immediately shuts down the motor again before it has even started, because it erroneously detects that the limit switch was reached.

I think the erratic behaviour of the Fibaro could be caused by the same reason, however, the Fibaro does not appear to have a similar user-adjustable parameter. So I still have no solution for this issue - however, other shutters might work.

3rd edit:

I mounted the Fibaro 3 at a totally different shutter (more exactly: venetian blinds with momentary switches), and with this one (which apparently does not have the delays mentioned above), it seems to work perfectly fine. I used automatic up/down calibration and manual slats calibration. The manual switches and the commands in FHEM (in particular dim 0...99 for the position) work as they should.

Edited by gFIBm

The topic has been moved from "

Please login or register to see this link.

" to "

".

Temat został przeniesiony z "

" do "

".

I try to use the Shutter 3 with momentary switches. I have to keep my finger on the switch to have the blinds operate. Getting the finger off the switch stops the blinds. Parameter 20 has no effect at all. 

On 5/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, HomeStephan said:

I try to use the Shutter 3 with momentary switches. I have to keep my finger on the switch to have the blinds operate. Getting the finger off the switch stops the blinds. Parameter 20 has no effect at all. 

+1

On 7/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, FrankT said:

+1

Same here, I have two FGR-223 modules combined with Somfy LT50 roller shutter motors. I need to keep pressing the buttons for up/down movement, regardless of setting parameter 20 to toggle or momentary.

(momentary single does have the effect of a single button operation, but also here I need to keep pressing the button)

On 2/20/2019 at 10:22 PM, gFIBm said:

I now exchanged the Fibaro 3 with a Qubino, and that works fine with both the switches and that standalone remote.

However, it also did not work right from the start: I had to adjust (i.e. increase) a parameter that sets a delay between the start of the motor and the measurement of the power (i.e. the detection of the limit switches). Apparently, my shutter has some kind of electronic soft turn-on for the motor which causes a delay, and without the adjustment, the module immediately shuts down the motor again before it has even started, because it erroneously detects that the limit switch was reached.

I think the erratic behaviour of the Fibaro could be caused by the same reason, however, the Fibaro does not appear to have a similar user-adjustable parameter. So I still have no solution for this issue - however, other shutters might work.

I do agree that this is very likely the root cause...

Fixing this will probably require a firmware update, however I don't have a Fibaro home center (I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Hass.io)...

After an update of HC to 4.550 exclude and re-include solved the problem for me without configuring anything else. It operates with 2 momentary switches as it should do. 

I have the same problem.  Parameter 20 has no effect.  I would like my switches to behave as toggle switches.  I have latest firmware / HC2.