Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Problems to set user in new APP

robert novak

Question

I have HC-2 with last version of software 4.530, what mean also to use new APP.

First of all, I have in pas problems with old APP for Android, because I can not load APP on phone Huawai P20 lite - android; than I check again with phone Samsung S9, and there was ok, and APP was in Google market and I also check with Apple phone, where was also OK.

Because I have this problems, i do new upgrades of HC-2 to versions 4.530, and here I also have one small problem. In HC-2 I have 5 different users, with different rights to use HC-2. And here I have problem in new APP (version 1.0.0),

because ther is now posibility, like in old version of APP, to type username and password of different users to use Fibaro.

I really dont like to give all users main (admin) Access to all switches and actuators.

5 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, robert novak said:

I have HC-2 with last version of software 4.530, what mean also to use new APP.

First of all, I have in pas problems with old APP for Android, because I can not load APP on phone Huawai P20 lite - android; than I check again with phone Samsung S9, and there was ok, and APP was in Google market and I also check with Apple phone, where was also OK.

On Huawei, try to delete cache of Google play and download the app. This is quite common for Huawei. Or you can download .apk file to install Fibaro app. See

Please login or register to see this link.

9 minutes ago, robert novak said:

In HC-2 I have 5 different users, with different rights to use HC-2. And here I have problem in new APP (version 1.0.0),

because ther is now posibility, like in old version of APP, to type username and password of different users to use Fibaro.

There is a new system for gaining access to others. Create for them their own Fibaro ID and share access with them, see

But before you decide to move over to new Fibaro Home Center app with those 5 users. I will suggest to check new app with your account if it is wise to move to new app right away, since old app has still more features.

4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

see

I am familiar with the procedure, but not with that KB article

I am slightly confused by step 9

8 Go to the Configuration tab.

9 Go to the Remote Access section.

10 Click Synchronize button.

My HC2 fw 4.530 does not have a "Remote Access" section. The "synchronize button" is on "Access Control".

9 minutes ago, petergebruers said:

My HC2 fw 4.530 does not have a "Remote Access" section. The "synchronize button" is on "Access Control".

They seems to have mistake in article. Reported.

Ticket ID 158187 for reference.

Edited by jakub.jezek
added ticket ID for reference

The new added user needs to be an email adres which is used in the fibaro-id?

With other words: does the new added user need to have an fibaro-id to be added as a shared user? 

15 minutes ago, samuel said:

The new added user needs to be an email adres which is used in the fibaro-id?

They are added automatically once HC is shared to their Fibaro ID after click on "Synchronization" button.

16 minutes ago, samuel said:

With other words: does the new added user need to have an fibaro-id to be added as a shared user? 

Yes, as mean to unify login with just one login, so it is easier for user to remember.

@petergebruers, article in Fibaro knoledge base is corrected.

• Thanks 1