Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro Dimmer 2 and LED Driver

konax

Question

Hi to all,

recently i've purchased a Fibaro Dimmer 2 to try to dimm my led lamps but i can't, the only thing that i can do is switch on/off

My lamps are dimmable from a remote control and even you can choose the color temperature from white to yellow ligth.

This is the LED Driver:

Please login or register to see this image.

If the LED lamps are dimmable from remote control could i dimm from fibaro dimmer?? is this true??

I've tried with home assistant and jeedom and i'm planning to move to Fibaro Home Center 2 but i need to know if my lamps are dimmable or not. I've checked the wires multiple times and i belive they are correct, i can power on/off the lamps from wall switch and from my pc but never can dimm them.

i did the wiring with bypass and without it too.

Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

I do not see a TRIAC (phase dimming) logo on your driver. This may be a different type of dimmer signal required (0-10v/dali). Since it comes with a remote it usually doesnt accept a dimmer in front of it (or just a push to dim switch)

• Inquirer
  • On 2/7/2019 at 12:08 PM, Jaccoermers said:

I do not see a TRIAC (phase dimming) logo on your driver. This may be a different type of dimmer signal required (0-10v/dali). Since it comes with a remote it usually doesnt accept a dimmer in front of it (or just a push to dim switch)

Thank you so much for the answer.

first of all, sorry for my limited knowledge, i'm a newbie in this kind of things.

is it possible to dimmer this lights?? If you have to dimmer this lights, how would you do it? Do yo know any compatible dimmer? Any example of 0-10v dali dimmer?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by konax

I think your best option is to buy a different driver. One with triac possibilities or one with 0-10v/DALI. For 0-10v you can use a Qubino 0-10v dimmer (dimmer itself requires 12v)

• Inquirer
  • 23 hours ago, Jaccoermers said:

I think your best option is to buy a different driver. One with triac possibilities or one with 0-10v/DALI. For 0-10v you can use a Qubino 0-10v dimmer (dimmer itself requires 12v)

Thank you again. 

i've been searching a driver with similar specs but i did'nt found nothing similiar,   Do you know any similar driver? or one site where i could search??

I'im going to search a 0-10v/DALI driver too, but i'm very confused about this kind of led drivers. Any help will be apreciated.

Thank you again and sorry for my limited knowledge about this topics.

• Inquirer
  • On 2/21/2019 at 5:14 AM, Jamie mccrostie said:

That RGB module install  is not as hard as it sounds then you dont need a new driver

Are you sure this module works with my lights? maybe i could give a chance to this module.

I've get it on amazon and i will try to connect it the next days.

Thank you so much.