Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Dimmer turning on automatically when I turn it off

Duncank

Question

TLDR;

Often, when I switch the lights off with a momentary switch, the lights fade off only to fade on again after a second or two at a low brightness, before transitioning to full brightness. Press the button again, and the lights stay off.

I've recently bought 3 Fibaro dimmer 2 modules to use with ceiling spotlights in my new home. Each dimmer has 4 to 6 led lights as a load. (4.5 watt per LED)

Since I did not find the time yet to setup my home automation gateway, the dimmers are only being used with the momentary switches and have never been connected to a gateway.

All switches are wired according to the 2-wire switch diagram in the online manual. 1 dimmer always works like it should, the other two sometimes turn on again, right after I turn them off. They stay off for one to two seconds and fade to low brightness before fading to full brightness.

Not sure if it is coincidental, but dimmer 1 (the working one) is hooked up to 6 lights, while the other two both are controlling 4 lights.

Any advice on how to tackle this?

2 answers to this question

I have same same problem.  Just that the two  dimmer2 that dosnt work at my house, and they wont DIM manually eighter when holding pushbutton down.   Its a lightshow every time somone tries to shut off the lights.   I have many other that works fantastic, just these two clown-dimmers that has it own manual button push life.

Edited by Tankekors

How annoying no-one responded to this with an answer. I had the exact same issue and a solution here would have saved me loads of time.

Basically, I found the answer here; 

Please login or register to see this link.

My momentary switches have built-in LED's to illuminate the switch. These are powered with small cables on the back of the switch.

I found that if one cable was in with the neutral and the other was in with the switch on live cable, the dimmer wouldn't function properly. 

Obviously pulling out both the cables is annoying because it means the LEDs wont function so the only way around it was to put one cable in with the neutral as before and the other cable in with the live cable in the middle of the switch (as oppposed to in the live socket for the light being controlled). This does mean that the switch LED will always be on rather than off when on or on when off etc but it means the dimmer and light work.

Hope this makes sense and helps someone.