Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro System - Notification of the battery status Email SPAM

CoopR

Question

I have a question about: "Fibaro System - Notification of the battery status"

I really like the feature to get notified when my battery of a smoke detector is empty, only the amount of emails i receive from the same device is getting out of hand :).

Every few minutes i receive an email that my smoke detector has a low battery, and i think that is not correct.

This is the use case:

My smoke detector on the ceiling was beeping and I received an email which is perfectly ok!

Sadly I had no replacement battery in my house, so i removed the smoke detector from the ceiling and removed the battery so the beeping of the device would stop.

The beeping stopped.. however the emails kept coming and coming, even when the battery of the device was removed.

Quick workaround:

A work around to stop the low battery status emails, is to insert a full battery (in my case from an other smoke detector as I had no replacement).

Wait till fibaro sees the device and then remove the battery again, Now the email flow stops.

In my opinion something goes wrong when you remove a battery from a device that has the status low battery.

Somehow the email trigger is not correctly reset when fibaro doesn't see the device anymore in the zwave network, therefor it keeps sending emails every few minutes!

In my opinion, It should send an email and push message in the fibaro app, reset the trigger and maybe send a reminder email ever day, week or month about the battery status (make it configurable?).

Or is the described problem something that i configured incorrectly by mistake in my Fibaro system as i could not find any questions on the forum about this problem?

Looking forward for your reply's.

4 answers to this question

Hi @CoopR,

I turned off feature, for sending mail about battery (in each device) and i'm using following scene triggered every day at 8:30.

Edited by jakub.jezek

• Inquirer
  • 4 minutes ago, jakub.jezek said:

Hi @CoopR,

I turned off feature, for sending mail about battery (in each device) and i'm using following scene triggered every day at 8:30.

@jakub.jezek

Thanks for the tip, I wasn't aware that there was this nice script already available!

Did you also had the described problem when using the standard fibaro battery notification option, or could it still be a configuration problem on my side?

Anyway, I will have a look at the Battery Check Scene, but I do hope that the Fibaro developers will have a look at the default battery notification functionality and fix this issue.

It's great to see that the users community are creating beautiful scenes to solve a lot of the problems, but we may expect fibaro to have a look at their own features and solve these problems right?

31 minutes ago, CoopR said:

Did you also had the described problem when using the standard fibaro battery notification option, or could it still be a configuration problem on my side?

Well, every 30 minutes report to change battery annoys one.

I have turn of the notifications for all battery power devices and i use now the battery check scene and run it once a week.