Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

The Button goes to sleep over night??

KrisAU

Question

Hi All,

This device works, however over night it appears I need to press the button a few times before it will react to presses and execute commands. Its almost like it goes to sleep. I have a Remotec ZRC90 which does not exhibit this behaviour.

I use this to unlock my front gate but people need to press it a few times - which defeats the purpose! to unlock it

Once its awake, it works

Suggestions? Thanks

8 answers to this question

I have the same problem with The Button. My daughter has one on her knight table (and loves it!), but when she doesn't use it for one evening she has to press it a lot of times before it "connects" again. When she uses the button every day it keeps working. Totally useless for now. Just a gimmick.

4 hours ago, Joep said:

I have the same problem with The Button. My daughter has one on her knight table (and loves it!), but when she doesn't use it for one evening she has to press it a lot of times before it "connects" again. When she uses the button every day it keeps working. Totally useless for now. Just a gimmick.

Exactly my experience. And, funny enough, also with my girl. I have given up the button and will try to get my money back. It is ridiculously bad made. And expensive!

I changed the batteries, nothing helped. Fibaro advertises it as panic button, but it's useless, if you press it after 2 years in a panic situation it is not sending a signal........

It's not a z-wave issue, because the button lives 2 meters from a Fibaro Dimmer 2 module and my whole house is equipped with Fibaro Dimmers and wall-plugs for floor and desk lamps. Everything is blazing fast, I'm still impressed, but the button.....

• Inquirer
  • Ive requested a warranty return, its not good enough to pay a fortune for this piece of junk. It also disappoints me throughly that Fibaro, on their own FORUM do not even respond. Shame on your FIbaro.

• Inquirer
  • Returned my button and got another one. Worked for a few days, then stops responding. Its been returned also.

Swapping for WallMote Quads, at least they work!

I get the same.

In manual they mention that you have to press it 4 times to make it working, but even doing that it is not waking it up.

Sometimes it is working fine, but not always.

Question is. if it is a failure of design or I'm doing something wrong?