Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multisensor 6

Manish Kumar Thakur

I did quite a few tests when I got my MS6, years ago and it was running on firmware 1.06. Latest firmware is 1.11 - things might have changed.

If my memory serves me well...

It depends on how you included the device. If it was on batteries, when you added it to your controller, it will be in battery mode and you get values (maybe you have to poll it) at the wake up interval. I guess 3600 seconds is the default interval, but to be honest, the MS6 user manual is a bit unclear. If, on the other hand, your sensor was USB powered when you added it to your controller, it will be in "mains powered" mode and it will report according to the settings of the parameters...  Especially parameter 111 (0x6F) but also all other parameters apply. I quote from the manual:

p 111:

The interval time of sending reports in Report group 1 (Valid values 0x05- 0x28DE80).
1. The unit of interval time is second if USB power.
2. If battery power, the minimum interval time is 60 minutes by default, for example, if the value is set to be more than 5 and less than 3600, the interval time is 60 minutes, if the value is set to be more than 3600 and less than 7200, the interval time is 120 minutes. You can also change the minimum interval time to 4 minutes via setting the interval value(3 bytes) to 240 in Wake Up Interval Set CC.

Very confusing explanation but I think it boils down to "each wake up interval in battery mode" and "according to p 111 if in mains powered mode".

You cannot simply plug in USB to change it to mains mode. You really have to exclude the device, insert the USB plug, then include the device again.

If you then want to go back to battery mode... Exclude, remove USB and insert batteries, include again.

If you are in "mains mode" the device will act as a repeater and I think it will drain your battery very fast (because it consumes about 40 mA in that mode). I am not sure about that though, it was too long ago.

• Thanks 1