Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

FGT-001 heat controller - pin button broken?

Martin-Fibaro

Question

Hello,

I have 3 FGT-001's, running firmware 4.0.

I think from 2 of them the pin button is broken.

Both devices are 'awake', and respond to manual setting the temp (ring lights up and indicates temp color).

Adding them to the network didn't work, never saw the blinking white LED ring.

Trying again, or trying to get to the color-ring menu has no effect.

I can press the button (with the pin key) as long as I like (several minutes), noting happens on these two devices..

The third FGT-001 works very well. I was able to add it to the network.

The devices was updated to firmware 4.4 using HC-Lite.

Í could put the device to back to sleep (cyan) using the pin button. And add it to the network again etc.

So the pin button handling is ok on the third FGT-001.

Not sure what to try next..

If I remove two from their valves, in order to return them to the shop, they will start calibrating every 10 minutes.

Not sure if that's a solid idea for a package in the postal services that's producing a buzz every now and than..

Any idea's?

I'm willing to take one entire knob apart, but will need the proper disassembly instructions.

Many thanks,
Martin

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Martin-Fibaro said:

If I remove two from their valves, in order to return them to the shop, they will start calibrating every 10 minutes.

Indeed.

Not sure if that's a solid idea for a package in the postal services that's producing a buzz every now and than..

Yes, someone posted already that they refused to take his valves because they calibrated when they came to collect his package.

I'm willing to take one entire knob apart, but will need the proper disassembly instructions.

I asked Fibaro and they say it cannot be done because it is "destructive". But I have never tried.

The b-button is on a small PCB with the USB connector and it might have moved a bit. Someone told me this happened after someone tried to push in the USB backwards. You might be able to reach it, but you cannot get it back in position. There is a small flex cable that can be easily damaged if you try to move it.

Awkward problem... Eventually the battery will drain, but that wil take an awful lot of time.

The USB is used as a charge port only, so you cannot send any commands that way.

I would say... Contact your supplier and [email protected] anyway...

• Thanks 1

Hi @Martin-Fibaro,

I advice againts this. You could loose warranty and its destructive.

Try it little bit on side of B-Button. If it does not work, then i suggest RMA procedure with your reseller. Had that problem with my 1st HomeKit TRV (I have it for testing purporse).

Regards,

Jakub

• Thanks 1