Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro ID, local login and user access questions

Guest Turmoil

Question

Guest Turmoil

I have an HC2 running 4.530 with a number of users defined via the Access Control panel. My fibaro ID use has the admin account owning the HC2 with two other accounts granted user access, these accounts match local definitions. When connecting remotely I am no longer able to log in directly from home.fibaro (fibaro id), instead I see the local login panel which allows second login.

My questions:

1. HC2 user definition allows for a login name and email, if these two differ I can only login locally with the login name. What is the purpose of login?

2. HC2 Access Control, what is the purpose of the synchronize button?

3. How is login supposed to work? I'm guessing each HC2 contacts home.fibaro but how is this getting past NAT? Are all remote connections trunked via an HC2 to home.fibaro connection?

4. I have tried the forum for this information without success but it would be really nice to for once see some supplier documentation that indicates how it is intended to work. Has anyone seen any?

5. Has anyone experienced my problem "I am no longer able to log in directly from home.fibaro (fibaro id), instead I see the local login panel which allows second login"? I think its preventing my Google Assistant from connecting properly.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

4 answers to this question

36 minutes ago, Turmoil said:

1. HC2 user definition allows for a login name and email, if these two differ I can only login locally with the login name. What is the purpose of login?

For new Home Center app, there is only one login and FIbaro ID with local login must match. See

Please login or register to see this link.

36 minutes ago, Turmoil said:

2. HC2 Access Control, what is the purpose of the synchronize button? 

When you share your HC with other, then Synchronization creates local account with same credentials as Fibaro ID you shared HC to. See

37 minutes ago, Turmoil said:

How is login supposed to work? I'm guessing each HC2 contacts home.fibaro but how is this getting past NAT? Are all remote connections trunked via an HC2 to home.fibaro connection?

It's basically secure tunnel beween remote server and your HC.

38 minutes ago, Turmoil said:

I have tried the forum for this information without success but it would be really nice to for once see some supplier documentation that indicates how it is intended to work. Has anyone seen any?

HAve you checked Fibaro knowledge base? Those two articles can give some ideas: 

and

40 minutes ago, Turmoil said:

5. Has anyone experienced my problem "I am no longer able to log in directly from home.fibaro (fibaro id), instead I see the local login panel which allows second login"? I think its preventing my Google Assistant from connecting properly. 

So, when you access

you see HC login screen?

Guest Turmoil
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Jakub, thanks for answering my questions. I have also been reviewing the material you referenced and some things are starting to make sense. Perhaps you are able to help further?

1. I added user fibaro id accounts and gave them access to my HC2 after having already defined them locally. Does this cause problems for synchronize? Do I need to delete the local definitions and let synchronize rebuild them? If so would I then need to set their correct access rights again, I would expect so?

2. I had seen the To Do lists you referenced for adding users, which are great when all works well but does not help with debugging. This is what I believe the function of Fibaro ID to be:

Fibaro ID is a remote DB of all fibaro users and the systems with which they may connect (presumably great for installers). Currently the HC2 owner imports info relevant to the HC2 via synchronize. A login via home.fibaro is authenticated via the Fibaro ID DB, when a connection to an HC2 is then "OPENed" a path is mapped into the existing HC2 to home.fibaro connection, so that commands can be issued.

If the above is correct, then I still have the following questions:

3. Does the HC2 re-authenticate the user? This would go some way to explaining my problem if the IDs were somehow out of sync.

4. This seems only to work when the local HC2 login name is the same as the email address. What is the purpose of the login name, is this historical?

5. Is the home.fibaro site now the Single Point of Failure for the entire Fibaro product line and all its users? e.g. a DDoS attack would stop everyone working.

To better explain my problem. I login to

supplying id and then password. I select "Remote Access". I then get presented with another screen with a login button (at

I click on the button and then see my Home Center List. I click on OPEN to access my home center and get the HC2 login screen (at

. It is as if the local HC2 has rejected the user authentication passed from home.fibaro and is re-prompting me. Supplying a valid user id, password combination does get me into the system.

Funnily enough I just deleted a local user and then used the synchronize button to pull in the same user from fibaro ID. I logged in with this id and tried to OPEN a connection to the HC2 and now get a 502 error with a "Grey Wizard" detected a DDoS attack message.

Thanks again for your time and help, its appreciated

Edited by Turmoil
    clarity, I hope

Guest Turmoil
  • Inquirer
  • The 502 disappeared after a few minutes but I still have the same problem when opening a connection to my HC2.

Guest Turmoil
  • Inquirer
  • I was mailed for any update on this, below was my answer.

I changed my setup so that I always login locally bypassing FibaroID altogether (there are release changes that affected this).

I bought a router with inbuilt VPN support so that I login to my LAN and appear as a local device.

My best advice is very general I am afraid: make sure you are on the latest release, delete and redefine entries at fibaro id. If that fails get a router with VPN that you can then dial into.