Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Bathroom presence/absence

krajesiu

Question

Hi all,

I want to install Philips Hue lightstrip (led tape) under and over mirror and trigger this light basing on presence/absence in bathroom.

I can't figure out how to determine:

1) if someone is still in the bathroom (maybe my wife is laying in the bath and relaxing :) )

2) if someone came in / came out 

3) if another person just opened and closed the door

I was trying with variables whit determine if someone is in the bathroom base od motion detector and door sensor but all are mess.

I have 2 move detectors and window/door sensor, can anyone help me how to do it in block scene? I don't have access to LUA because I am musing FIBARO LITE 

I saw some topics about it but no final anwer was given :(

I would be very grateful for your help
Kris

8 answers to this question

1 (one) motion sensors + delay. nothing else. 

tested by wife factor. :)

• Inquirer
  • I don't think so ... 

If for example I set delay time for 15 minutes and someone will take a bath longer time than 15 minutes without any movement fibaro will decide to turn off the light.

your wife can be under-water more than 15 min? wow!

joke.

it depends on where you locate motion sensor if a sensor can cover all bathroom all will be ok otherwise yes, you right. 

Edited by 10der

I have about the same problem.... Just placed a button by the bath in case the light switches of (no motion)
    Other solution would be a camera with image recognition but in order to test that I need access to the camera showing your wife in the bath ;-);-);-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vinisz said:

Other solution would be

No :)

Please login or register to see this link.

:)

On 1/24/2019 at 10:38 AM, 10der said:

No :)

:)

wow. That Neo Coolcam is really a Fibaro ripoff. The motion detector only looks like a different logo

@krajesiu

I use 2 door sensors and 1 motion sensor to determine presence / absence, together with

and Hue VD to control Hue.

I set 150 seconds delay.  When motion is triggered or the toilet door is still closed after 150 seconds then turn on exhausted fan.  (For smoking etc)

To determine shower / bath,  if toilet door AND shower room door are closed, then turn on heater / exhausted fan depends on room temperature, as well as change global "Shower" to "Yes".  This global variable tells VSL of the corresponding hue light to engage shower mode (I use VSL built-in cinema state function but just use "Shower" as global variable).  The shower mode turns the Hue VD to 100% brightness until shower door is opened (Shower == "No")

and yes that's for HC2...

Edited by Sirhideo